What do you think?

I get the sound I want from a Vintage V6 strat copy with an Irongear Jailhouse Rail single hybrid in it. You think it's do-able to fit one into a Flying V into a hmubucker space?

Know that it'd look a bit of a mess unless I got a scratchplate cut for it, but what do you think?
If the mounting screws on a single coil are the same distance apart as they are on a humbucker, then you might be able to mount them if you put a nut on the screw from underneath.

Also, keep in mind that they won't sound exactly the same as they do in your strat copy, because of the different scale length and different position along the string.
Quote by sashki
If the mounting screws on a single coil are the same distance apart as they are on a humbucker, then you might be able to mount them if you put a nut on the screw from underneath.

Also, keep in mind that they won't sound exactly the same as they do in your strat copy, because of the different scale length and different position along the string.

Aaaah, never thought about scale and that...might need to re-think it.

I'm selling a guitar in order to get a new V6 but the thought has just occurred to me lol.

Thanks for yer help man
if your goning to make a custom pick gard then yes it will work, it might look a little odd, but it would work just fine.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate