Here I am...at the ripe age of 22, getting ready for university this fall, and I don't feel satisfied. I know many of you have felt like this in your lives. After reading a certain post here on UG about someone riding thorough the UK I thought to myself how awesome would it be to pack my bags tonight, and leave the US tomorrow? Maybe its not the most practical way of doing it but I mean...how awesome would it be? I would leave to the UK or Australia or something. Have any of you guys thought or actually done this?
I've gone from Hong Kong to London to Macau three times in the last 5 months. I always feel the need to leave everything behind and live freely without worry. In all circumstances, I booked the flights 1 day before leaving - best feeling ever.
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後
¸.•´¸.•´¨¸.•¤¨哭泣我不在這裡 我不在那裡請在嗶一聲之後留
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´(´¸.•¤´`¤下自己的秘密請在嗶一聲之後對話筒沾自喜請在嗶一聲之後對空氣唉聲嘆氣

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

Haha a man after my own heart. Unless you have a specific plan or goal for at the end of uni and you're pretty damn close to it, get the hell out and see the world. Shit man we're not young for very long, best make the most of it.
I want to read your essays and blogs of the artistic nature!

Art evokes the mystery without which the world would not exist.

- Rene Magritte
I haven't done it ... Im in the middle of high school and i realize im not going to be whatever i got into ... I wanna leave and start a some band somewhere, but I feel I NEED to finish school first and besides it would break my mom's heart :/
Quote by carlos_almighty
You just wanna try it? My philosophy is, "If it makes you curious, try it at least once."

Also: "Time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted!"
Right now I got a low GPA and not able to get into internships or whatever BUT! I am close to getting done it all goes well. Still though...its tempting!
Quote by Vermillionpart2
I'm in the exact same dilemma as ThrashLife.

Problem is I have had the best life I could ever dream to have ... My parents are kind to me and love me and have given me so much. I can never repay and thank them enough ... It would be so disrespectful to leave everything ... and I would miss my family too much!
Quote by carlos_almighty
You just wanna try it? My philosophy is, "If it makes you curious, try it at least once."

Also: "Time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted!"
I dream of getting a job on a research base in Antarctica, away from sprawling cities and civilisation in general. Maybe one day I will.
🙈 🙉 🙊
You want to get away, Metaldud?
Do you want to fly away?
Yeah?
Yeah?
Yeah?

I want to read your essays and blogs of the artistic nature!

Art evokes the mystery without which the world would not exist.

- Rene Magritte
If it makes you feel any better TS, I have felt a lot lately like I don't have a clue what to do in life... the job situation sucks (in the UK at least, even for university graduates) and although I have a part-time job I know it isn't enough to live off comfortably by any means even if my hours were upped to full-time status, and I can't do that while at uni anyway. I feel I've wasted many opportunities in life and only just come to realise it, and wish I'd done many things differently... but that's the crux of hindsight, and I'm sure there's many things that we all have that we don't realise could also have been done differently and caused us more problems.

I'd say unfortunately this sort of emotional hollowness and concern about where we're going in life is something many people suffer above a base level of intellect (and while that sounds harsh and like I'm stereotyping, I firmly believe that once a certain threshold of stupidity has been crossed people have very few cares in the world and don't realise the depravity of their situation, thus it cannot bother them as much as many people who live in comparatively better situations but are depressed by their relatively higher standards feeling low).
Hey, look. Sigs are back.
I am going backpacking through Europe, but I know I am already doing that a few months ahead of time.
RAW POWER
I totally wanna do that too. My mom had my aunt drop by $3000 bucks by our house while I was the only one there (for rent, and so my dad wouldnt find out). I contemplated taking the cash and leaving the country but nah, that would be a lil dumb. I wouldnt really miss my family but would feel super guilty stealing that kind of cash.
Quote by DisarmGoliath
If it makes you feel any better TS, I have felt a lot lately like I don't have a clue what to do in life... the job situation sucks (in the UK at least, even for university graduates) and although I have a part-time job I know it isn't enough to live off comfortably by any means even if my hours were upped to full-time status, and I can't do that while at uni anyway. I feel I've wasted many opportunities in life and only just come to realise it, and wish I'd done many things differently... but that's the crux of hindsight, and I'm sure there's many things that we all have that we don't realise could also have been done differently and caused us more problems.

I'd say unfortunately this sort of emotional hollowness and concern about where we're going in life is something many people suffer above a base level of intellect (and while that sounds harsh and like I'm stereotyping, I firmly believe that once a certain threshold of stupidity has been crossed people have very few cares in the world and don't realise the depravity of their situation, thus it cannot bother them as much as many people who live in comparatively better situations but are depressed by their relatively higher standards feeling low).

I understand this. I too feel the same way. As if only people who can actually think and stop to really observe the world around them are the ones who get plagued by these thoughts.

I have a question TS. You said you were 22 and were going to Uni this fall. Does that mean you're starting a new degree? I'm turning 22 in a few weeks and I'm sort of starting over my degree in a university this fall.

But I look at what my friends are doing and a lot of them have graduated or will graduate this term with a 4 year degree. And it makes me feel like I've wasted too much time deciding what to do. I still have 2 years to go. I know there are plenty of people who can't decide what to do with life at my age, but I can't help but feel envious.
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
I have too much shit to do to get away.../sigh

Isn't that normally the reason for wanting to get away? >_>
🙈 🙉 🙊
I've thought about buying a plane ticket and just flying to a random U.S. locale for a weekend or so. If I had extra reserves of cash, I'd leave the country for a little while.
Didn't I just start a thread on this a while back............???

But OT, do it. I regret planning out my life too soon. Don't make the same mistake.
Quote by SlinkyBlue

The solution is simple and obvious.

We revolt against ourselves. Mass suicide. The ultimate revolution.
I get away all the time. I put myself in that cold place of detachment where I cannot be reached.
Everybody Dies
Ignorance is NOT just what you DO NOT know but what you WILL NOT know

MY Soundcloud
Tears for toda la alegría que teníamos
Tears for todo el dolor
Las lágrimas de invierno que llevan dentro
Siempre gritar tu nombre
Estas lágrimas de invierno , voy a llorar por ti
Estas lágrimas de invierno , son solamente para usted
I've thought about living in the woods a few times.
455 75 34 88

(´・ω・`)

Quote by strait jacket
Do you like being sigged or, like me do you feel strangely violated?
I have thought about taking a trip to another country and basically just making my plan up as i go along, but i would imagine money and everything would restrict me slightly.
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
Quote by entity0009
Isn't that normally the reason for wanting to get away? >_>

It is, but I have two online classes. My friends would be disappointed if I left (doing things these next couple of weeks with them). And so on.
Quote by cptcomet
I've thought about living in the woods a few times.

this.

but hav to work with getting somekind of job at a wildlife sanctuary i guess.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
I write poetry
And it sucks.