So, I know my body goes into anyphylactic shock whenever stung by a wasp. I'm going to Florida this weekend and thought about it, since jellyfish have a different sort of poison it doesn't seem likely that I'd just be allergic to both, or are people who are allergic to wasps allergic to all stinging things?

I mean, I generally err on the side of caution.
Due what you want as long as you vote Due!
My Dad's allergic to bee stings and wasps, well anything like that. I don't know if that applies to non-bugs.

Though I think wasps, hornets, and yellow jackets can burn in a fiery hell for all I care.
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495
Jesus, Horsedick, you are my hero

Quote by JayT44
don't worry guys his girlfriend is black, she said it was okay for him to say that.

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
My Dad's allergic to bee stings and wasps, well anything like that. I don't know if that applies to non-bugs.

Though I think wasps, hornets, and yellow jackets can burn in a fiery hell for all I care.

I agree, hate all those things. I know I'm allergic to hornets, yellow jack and bees. Sweat Bees even make me swell up more than most people.
Huh, considering one evolved in the ocean and one evolved on land, I think you'll be ok.

That's the way I see it
It's a different method in which you're stung. Hymenopterans use stingers, basically needles. Jellyfish use nematocysts, which is like a pressure sensititive harpoon-gun that shoots barbs into your skin causing irritation and injecting poison.
I'd say probably not, that you won't be allergic to them just because you're allergic to bees/wasps etc, but to err on the side of caution is always best.
I'd say you're more likely to get stung by a wasp than a jellyfish when you're in florida. Unless you're swimming in jellyfish infested waters.
Balls.
What causes shock is your body's response to the sting, not the sting itself if that makes sense. Your body reacts with histamine, which is what causes the problem. Anyways, your body may not respond the same way with a jellyfish sting. If you are that wondered about it, I would suggest taking a epi-pen with you or some other form of epinephrine. FYI, I am a medic.
Ibanez JEM7VWH
ESP/LTD Viper VB-300 (Baritone)
Peavey 6505
Mesa Standard 4X12
Boss TU-3
Maxon OD808
ISP Decimator G-String
POD XT (Bean)
Line 6 FBV Longboard
Last edited by bobbyincide666 at Jul 20, 2011,
Quote by Horsedick.MPEG

these bastards are the worst. Not only do I hate wasps, it's a giant fucking wasp.

Worse.
Quote by epiless
****ing cazador right there

Beat me to it
Have you ever managed to kill a swarm of these cunts? I take out 1 and get murdered by the rest.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Quote by rmr024
I'd say you're more likely to get stung by a wasp than a jellyfish when you're in florida. Unless you're swimming in jellyfish infested waters.

The East coast of FL is pretty infested with jellyfish right now.
Quote by ChucklesMginty
If at first you don't succeed, play bass.

Quote by Jackal58
Cats don't think. They plot.

Catch me on FLICKR
Proud owner of a beautiful PRS P22
Quote by bobbyincide666
What causes shock is your body's response to the sting, not the sting itself if that makes sense. Your body reacts with histamine, which is what causes the problem. Anyways, your body may not respond the same way with a jellyfish sting. If you are that wondered about it, I would suggest taking a epi-pen with you or some other form of epinephrine. FYI, I am a medic.

Alright, thank you, this is all I was worried about. I just don't know that much about what I'm allergic to.
Quote by tayroar
Alright, thank you, this is all I was worried about. I just don't know that much about what I'm allergic to.

You are very welcome!
Ibanez JEM7VWH
ESP/LTD Viper VB-300 (Baritone)
Peavey 6505
Mesa Standard 4X12
Boss TU-3
Maxon OD808
ISP Decimator G-String
POD XT (Bean)
Line 6 FBV Longboard
Jellyfish have a completely different venom.

You'll be fine, save for the getting stung part.
I have lived 17 years, and never been stung. I have no idea if I'm allergic or not
Check out my fitness blog here
Quote by maiden_man_666
I have lived 17 years, and never been stung. I have no idea if I'm allergic or not

You can do some kind of test at the doctor's for wasps. I have no idea about jellyfish. I'm not paying a doctor bill to find out I can't though. It takes me long enough for my throat to close up where I can go basically half a day before its life threatening so I do kind of have time to see if I'm allergic instead of just freaking out and using up my epi-pen.
Quote by kylepianoman
The East coast of FL is pretty infested with jellyfish right now.

Dude, I've been at the beach every day this week. I've seen a grand total of: (1) jellyfish. Its not that bad. It was horrible a few weeks ago though.

But if for some reason you do get stung, whip out that wiener and pee on it, dawg.
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
Quote by itchy guitar
Dude, I've been at the beach every day this week. I've seen a grand total of: (1) jellyfish. Its not that bad. It was horrible a few weeks ago though.

Oh nice, that's awesome actually. The only beach I've ever been to was Corpus Christi, Texas, and that was full of jellyfish (portuguese Man'o Wars too) and I was kinda nervous about getting in the water. I hope to have fun at the beach now. We're going to St. Augustine.
I'm only allergic to death

Quote by maiden_man_666
I have lived 17 years, and never been stung.
Same here, only for 18 years. Apparently I am not allergic, though.
You are now using UG Black.
You are now using UG Classic.

Listening to: Pink Floyd

#Ziggy2017
Thank God I'm not allergic to wasps. I recently got stung 12 times after bumping into a bush that had a hive as big as a football in it. Good thing my family has a pool that I jumped in or I probably would have been stung much more.
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Quote by tayroar
Oh nice, that's awesome actually. The only beach I've ever been to was Corpus Christi, Texas, and that was full of jellyfish (portuguese Man'o Wars too) and I was kinda nervous about getting in the water. I hope to have fun at the beach now. We're going to St. Augustine.

St. Augustine is awesome. I'm about 3 hours south of that though. And even if you do see a jellyfish, its usually just one of those bitch ass ones that don't even sting you.
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.