What's up guys and gals.

Im kind of a beginner guitarist, and thinks it would be rad to learn some old hippie songs on guitar. Anyone have any ideas for easy songs back in the 60's (That sound hippie of course)?

Stay groovy & keep rockin',

RaleytheHippie
My moms good friend went to highschool with her back long long ago.
Ill look into some songs by her. Thanks brother.
As much as it pains me to say this, Aquarius. Truth be told, my vintage stuff is more protest songs than peace, love and rock n' roll. Sorry I can't be more help bro. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to shower the hippie off me (nothing personal, just had a bunch of bad experiences with them).

P.S. Nobody uses the word groovy anymore. Not even hipsters.

P.P.S. He can be a bit on the advanced side, but if you learned like the chords to Jimi Hendrix. Claudio Sanchez does a pretty cool acoustic cover of Purple Haze.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFV2WWz6H-s
Quote by SonOfPest
Its the Lydian mode; formed in Eastern Arabia when the Persians invaded England.

Quote by Blind In 1 Ear
try the sexolydian scale.
Hey bro, im not the one to follow. I use the word as I please, and don't care what others think.
good one, Spud Spudly!

i was an actual hippy who used to take my acoustic guitar everywhere. those were the days

woodstock - the crosby, stills, nash and maybe young version

alice's restaurant (i once could play it all the way through with all the words)

just about anything from bob dylan's late 60's catalog

i'm thinking jimi, joan baez (men can sing protest songs, too), late beatles, john lennon all come to mind.

and hey, check out what i found right here when i did a search
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/archive/index.php?t-285446.html
Quote by Skeet UK
I just looked in my Oxford English Dictionary and under "Acoustic Guitar", there was your Avatar and an email address!
CSN&Y: Chicago, Teach Your Children, Ohio, Carry On, Almost Cut My Hair, Wooden Ships

Any acoustic Bob Dylan, esp. The Times Are A'Changing, Tangled Up In Blue, Blowin' In The Wind, Rainy Day Women, Shelter From The Storm