Today at the grocery store I was choosing something and this lady came up right next to me and looked at the same products.

It flustered me and I ended up making a haste decision which I realize now was not what I wanted.

Isn't it customary to wait until people are done to use a section of the grocery store? Isn't there a personal bubble that you aren't supposed to invade?

I always wait until people are done to use a section and never invade people's bubble's. Isn't this normal? Or am I falling deeper into my fantasy world?

Ultimately it's not a big deal and it's 100% my fault for choosing the wrong item but I just want to know if there is a universal grocery store etiquette and if there is what the rules are.

If you know some rules post them, or flame me(it helps us both).

<3
no. im at the grocery store to shop, not to lolly gag while you decide whether you want OJ with pulp or without.
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
-Modest Mouse, "Novocaine Stain"
It's different for each store, please check your local store's website for more information on the etiquette for their store. Some regional differences may occur as well. For example, it's rude to yell out the food names in a Swedish McDonald's, but in Denmark it's mandatory.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Last edited by Kensai at Jul 20, 2011,
i think you're being ridiculous. i'd tell you to man up, but i think you're a woman.
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
I'd agree that you don't get too close to looking at the same thing as someone else because you don't want to force them out of the way. Give them a couple of minutes while you browse elsewhere in the aisle, then go and look. They've had long enough damnit.
The only thing I really care about is people controlling their god damn kids.
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
Generally I hang back, but close enough for them to notice me. If I'm pressed for time, I say, "excuse me" and quickly grab what I am buying.
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
I work at a grocery store and when i'm stocking a product, it always seems that there is someone who needs that product immediately but they will never say "excuse me". They just stand right behind me breathing down my neck waiting for me to move.

It used to bother me but now idgaf so i just keep stocking until I'm done. If they want the product, they can politely say "excuse me" and i will gladly get out of the way...or, if they just want to rudely stand there, then they can wait until I'm done.

EDiT: ^ This man goes about his business the right way
Want to leave hurtful comments about me and my band on youtube!?!?!? Click the link below!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sWguqmZB34

Quote by Tragic Mulatto
as long as you are in this thread you are in my vagina.
Last edited by Blue_Strat_06 at Jul 20, 2011,
Quote by Blue_Strat_06
I work at a grocery store and when i'm stocking a product, it always seems that there is someone who needs that product immediately but they will never say "excuse me". They just stand right behind me breathing down my neck waiting for me to move.

It used to bother me but now idgaf so i just keep stocking until I'm done. If they want the product, they can politely say "excuse me" and i will gladly get out of the way...or, if they just want to rudely stand there, then they can wait until I'm done.

EDiT: ^ This man goes about his business the right way

You're lucky that they wait there. At the one I work at, it's all too customary for the person to walk right up behind you and say "look out" or "heads up" as they damn near backhand the side of my head extending to reach a product that i'm standing/kneeling in front of. Zero patience and zero respect for the people putting that product on the shelf so you can buy it. A polite "excuse me" or "can I grab this?" or similar and i'll move, but the average customer doesn't seem to feel they owe the employees that sort of recognition.
Quote by Ur all $h1t
I furiously masturbate on public transportation.
In b4 microsoft goes down 3 points
╘MESHUG╦G╗AH

Ibanez ARX 350
Dunlop 535Q
Ibanez TS9
Peavey TransTube Supreme
DRIVE Elite straight 412
Quote by bastards
In b4 microsoft goes down 3 points

Because of this post i went to Google to find an appropriate picture...

Little piece of advice, make sure SafeSearch is ON when you google image "Big Daddy"
Want to leave hurtful comments about me and my band on youtube!?!?!? Click the link below!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sWguqmZB34

Quote by Tragic Mulatto
as long as you are in this thread you are in my vagina.
Quote by Blue_Strat_06
Because of this post i went to Google to find an appropriate picture...

Little piece of advice, make sure SafeSearch is ON when you google image "Big Daddy"

╘MESHUG╦G╗AH

Ibanez ARX 350
Dunlop 535Q
Ibanez TS9
Peavey TransTube Supreme
DRIVE Elite straight 412
the real question here is why did that mouse come into my apartment knowing that my cat was here?