what do you think? do they exist?
i came across this video from some (very camp) guy that claims to have been born into an illuminati family and converted to christianity.
the video's here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d46XLY7Nnng&feature=related
parts 2 and 10 are interesting from what i've seen... where he talks about the signs of the illuminati in america and their agendas.
it seems plausible and ridiculous at the same time. he says there's a $10000 price on the head of anyone that tries to leave and that they've attempted to kill him.

new world order seems like it's plausibly happening. europe is experiencing one currency, no borders within itself, one language (english), one constitution, one parliament (leading to one government) and so on. can't say it's been bad so far in europe but could it be part of a bigger plan?
Quote by Meths

I don't think any words should be censored.

Especially faggot since homos aren't real people and all.

Quote by sam b
Man City wont win anything and finish below Arsenal.

city: 3rd + FA cup winners.
arsenal: 4th
Quote by magnus_maximus
Europe will never truly unite under one banner. We hate each other too much.

Illuminati are probably long gone
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
Quote by genghisgandhi
And he made a video?

i know... if they had wanted to kill him you'd think they would have.
but it's hard to just kill someone and he doesn't seem afraid of death. if you think someone's going to attack you, you'd rather them just get it out of the way asap.
Quote by Meths

Quote by sam b

Quote by magnus_maximus
Europe will never truly unite under one banner. We hate each other too much.

This.
Also, since when do all europeans speak english?
e-married to the most fabulous Fashionista ever, Rarity
e-mom to Scootaloo, somehow
Quote by dawgeth321
Let's warm our wings, fly through the clouds, and dance in the sky, mon capitaine.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Spit is a milf

UG 8-BIT ALBUM
SoundCloud
Quote by davrockist
This.
Also, since when do all europeans speak english?

try living in a european country and trying to learn the language. the kids will all talk to you in english ignoring the fact that you're trying to speak their language. they all think that they need to learn english as it's the most important thing for getting a job apparently.
edit: ^especially in france, the people all speak english now.
Quote by Meths

Quote by sam b

The Illuminati is such a stupid conspiracy. People just can't take the world at face value.
Due what you want as long as you vote Due!
I've seen enough proof that something like that does exist, yes. But the names are so silly that I can see why people think it's nuts.
Quote by untalented
^especially in france, the people all speak english now.

L'Académie française has something different to say on that matter, je crois...
Quote by magnus_maximus
Taking anything at face value is a terrible idea, especially when it comes to issues like this, in fairness.

Occam's Razor. People like to think they're smarter than "sheeple" and see this conspiracy where nobody else does. They like to feel as if they're one of the only people in on this exclusive information.
Quote by tayroar
The Illuminati is such a stupid conspiracy. People just can't take the world at face value.

sometimes things need questioning. like, why are there so many issues in the world not being addressed right away like the millions of people starving, billions of people without fresh water and so on. why are the laws that we have in place and why is the economy the way it is? it doesn't seem to be working imo. food is becoming expensive and buying a house is essentially paying for a load of gold bricks minus the gold.
something's up...
i have no idea whether this is a problem or not but it's a very common theory and someone's claiming to have been brought up by them and claiming to expose them. could be made up but that's what the discussion is for...
Quote by Meths

Quote by sam b

The Illuminati is just a word, a select few that want to maintain their wealth and power. What's so unbelievable about that?
Quote by genghisgandhi
I request said proof.
What branch would you like info on? It's really not as hidden as people make it out to be IMO. Check your PM's in about 5-10 mins.
Quote by untalented
sometimes things need questioning. like, why are there so many issues in the world not being addressed right away like the millions of people starving, billions of people without fresh water and so on. why are the laws that we have in place and why is the economy the way it is? it doesn't seem to be working imo. food is becoming expensive and buying a house is essentially paying for a load of gold bricks minus the gold.
something's up...
i have no idea whether this is a problem or not but it's a very common theory and someone's claiming to have been brought up by them and claiming to expose them. could be made up but that's what the discussion is for...

Because the world is not a fair place. If you want to understand it take an economics class and you'll understand, don't look for some conspiracy behind it. People look after themselves before they look after those who are starving, homeless, or whatever, a much simpler explanation than some shadow government making all the brown people die.
Quote by magnus_maximus
Then why would they tell everyone about it?

Because they like to assert their superiority on others. Conspiracies are almost always brought up in such a condescending manner, as if the people telling are shepherds pulling the wool from our innocent sheep eyes.
One of my Illumanati-believing friends came to school one day.

"Zach, there's no doubt Lady GaGa is involved in the illumanati now. she has a new video where there's something that makes it look like she has devil horns."

Consider me convinced.
Quote by tayroar
Because the world is not a fair place. If you want to understand it take an economics class and you'll understand, don't look for some conspiracy behind it. People look after themselves before they look after those who are starving, homeless, or whatever, a much simpler explanation than some shadow government making all the brown people die.

you're maybe missing the point of what i'm saying a bit.
and people might look after themselves but when you have some people with billions and others with less than pennies, it's not just about being 'unfair'... there's something sinister about that.
Quote by Meths

Quote by sam b

Quote by GuitarThoughts

Sorry had to be done

Aluminum actually amplifies radio signals to the head. This meme was started by the government to more easily control us.
Quote by untalented
you're maybe missing the point of what i'm saying a bit.
and people might look after themselves but when you have some people with billions and others with less than pennies, it's not just about being 'unfair'... there's something sinister about that.

It's not sinister. I guarantee you if you have access to the internet that you have more money than those with less than pennies, does your family help them out, does your family give what they can? Whether or not they do (which they very well may) most families don't. Most people only see what affects them. The rich aren't specifically trying to hurt those who have nothing, they just don't give them a thought. I don't see how that's hard to believe?
Quote by genghisgandhi
It's been more that 10 minutes since this post was written. The Raven is dead...

Ha, I'm safe while all the assassins are coming after all you fools. Brb someone's ringing the doorbell.
I tend to be dismissive of these types of conspiracies, but not wholly dismissive... I do, however, think people will place a fantastic, phantasmagorical reasoning to something complex rather than entertain the idea that it's just an incredibly long list of mundane -but no less sinister- causes.

Quote by magnus_maximus
Europe The Balkans will never truly unite under one banner. We hate each other too much.

Quote by untalented
i know... if they had wanted to kill him you'd think they would have.
but it's hard to just kill someone and he doesn't seem afraid of death. if you think someone's going to attack you, you'd rather them just get it out of the way asap.

A person talking about the illuminati and dying in suspicious circumstances is more suspicious than a person talking about the illuminati and fuck all happening.

Although I don't believe in them, no.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
Quote by magnus_maximus
You're kind of right, people naturally like to feel superior. After Zeitgeist I'm almost certain almost all of us spent the next day in school/at work lording it over everyone else, I most certainly did.

When I took my psych class we talked about it, and it interested me enough to write a research paper on it. There are several biases behind it too. I don't remember the names of them all, but it's basically people who have an individualistic philosophy, where they think they should be able to do what they want (like gee, the entire philosophy American's are told to follow from the day they're born) that don't have everything work out for them entirely giving them reason to be anxious. This leads them to need someone to blame (and isn't the scary government system easier to blame for our situation than ourselves). Then sense most people aren't aware of their own biases they get arrogant about it.
Quote by magnus_maximus
There's also a tendancy for people to assume that new, obscure, radical ideas are accurate even without justification just because they're new and radical. Dunno what that's called.

But we're digressing. There is probably something going on, but not the Illuminati. The corporations of the world are probably scarier anyway.

Well, I have read cases against the people on Wall Street basically causing the economic crises we have right now. If people put half the energy into accusing these actually criminals as they put into unwooling our eyes about stupid shit like the illuminati, these people may be held accountable.
I don't get it, what's so bad about a world government? Eventually i'd wager it will happen, although not for a very long time.
Quote by severed-metal
Come to think of it, my penis should've listened to more death metal.

Quote by Morphogenesis26
So my question is. Can Pre-Cum fluid pass through my underwear, my jeans, onto and through her jeans, through her underwear, and impregnate her?
Quote by tayroar
Well, I have read cases against the people on Wall Street basically causing the economic crises we have right now. If people put half the energy into accusing these actually criminals as they put into unwooling our eyes about stupid shit like the illuminati, these people may be held accountable.

you're looking short-term, though. the economy's problems are a lot older than the current issues.
people don't just become so poor that they starve to death overnight...
and you don't just deny people access to water or access to your land where you may have water.
and yes, people are greedy, but they've been allowed to get that way. the growth of the world seems like it's been planned.
Quote by Meths

Quote by sam b

Quote by magnus_maximus
Centralisation of power = terrible thing for the individual.

Also all the conflicting ideas about how a country should run, what kind of economy works best, cultural ideas about what is and is not moral, so on. In Iran alcohol is totally illegal. In the United States it isn't. What does a world government do to appeal to Iran culture sensitivities?

Quote by untalented
you're looking short-term, though. the economy's problems are a lot older than the current issues.
people don't just become so poor that they starve to death overnight...
and you don't just deny people access to water or access to your land where you may have water.
and yes, people are greedy, but they've been allowed to get that way. the growth of the world seems like it's been planned.

People haven't been denied water, they've just never had it. How does the growth of the world seem like it's been planned if some places are strong while others seem weak. The fact that everyone hasn't grown at the same rate seems to be an argument that it wasn't planned.
Last edited by tayroar at Jul 20, 2011,