Needed a quick noise gate. went and picked up an NS-2

despite what i heard about this pedal, i notice 0 loss in my attack or sustain. i went in looking for an mxr smartgate or possibly a used ISP but they had none. i know its nothing great....but i dont own many pedals so im happy
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
Ugh, do want. So bad. But they don't sell them around here in stores, and I ain't paying the 110 bucks to buy one online.

No one sells them used around here either.
Happy NPD. I have the same one, way better than the gate on my Peavey JSX. But as far as comparing to others, yeah, some are better. It's worth the price paid, and does a good job. Only way I'd ever worry about a better one (and paying for BETTER) is if I had too many pedals for the NS-2 to handle (it handles the 20 I have right now).
Quote by IbanezBossShred
Happy NPD. I have the same one, way better than the gate on my Peavey JSX. But as far as comparing to others, yeah, some are better. It's worth the price paid, and does a good job. Only way I'd ever worry about a better one (and paying for BETTER) is if I had too many pedals for the NS-2 to handle (it handles the 20 I have right now).

Yeah. Sure, the ISP is great and all.. But it's expensive as hell. I really don't believe you need THAT great of a gate unless you have so much gain that there's no clarity in your tone

The NS-2 or the MXR Smart Gate should be able to handle anything you throw at it.