I am searching for a tone like the bands, asking alexandria, attack attack, or of mice and men. Currently I have a Peavey JSX. I am looking to sell it and get a amp head that more suits my style like the Peavey 6505+ or Peavey 6505 (I dont know the difference) Please help me out!

Should I go for the 6505? keep my JSX? or get a whole different one altogether
The JSX is pretty solid for those kinds of tones. Just boost the hell out of the mids. My friends' band uses one and the tone is fairly similar to what you named, (and in my opinion, the band is much better than Attack attack and Asking Alexandria as I find them very unimaginative) They use a 5150 and a JSX http://www.facebook.com/ForevermoreBand

The difference between the 6505's and the 6505+'s is that the + has a separate EQ for the "rhythm" channel, while the standard one shares the EQ. In addidtion, the + is supposed to have slightly less gain and better cleans.

Also, the 5150 is the same as the 6505, and the 5150II is the same as the 6505+. The schematics of the two amps are identical, however some would argue that the 5150's have better transformers than the 6505's but that's debatable.
Quote by Strato-Massacre
yeah you shouldnt have told the pit to rape your mom.

Quote by Kensai
It's not sexist, girls are just too stupid and weak to hold up doors and stuff for themselves.
Well if money is not an issue I would get a Boogie Mark V head. You can get so many different sounds out of those amps.
Last edited by Pthero at Jul 20, 2011,
Quote by ibanezeagle18
I am searching for a tone like the bands, asking alexandria, attack attack, or of mice and men. Currently I have a Peavey JSX. I am looking to sell it and get a amp head that more suits my style like the Peavey 6505+ or Peavey 6505 (I dont know the difference) Please help me out!

Should I go for the 6505? keep my JSX? or get a whole different one altogether

I own the 6505+ and I absolutely love it...I would highly recommend you go for the peavey 6505+ head if you are into heavier music