How can you tell what type of truss rod you have? From what im reading there are different kinds. A normal one and a Dual-Action Truss rod. Im attempting to adjust mine for the first time and from what ive seen they work differently so I don't want to end up damaging it permanently. Also what are the differences between the two types?
the standard type simply compresses the back of the neck to counteract string tension.

the double action can compress AND expand allowing for relief adjustment in both directions.

basically the adjust the same way, but double actions do more per rotation because they are anchored at both ends.

all you need to know about truss rods
"When losers say it's over with you know that it's a lie
The gods made heavy metal and it's never gonna die"
Last edited by kolonelkadat at Jul 20, 2011,