Page 1 of 2
Which TV show had a really great first episode?

I'd have to go with Breaking Bad. I love backward episodes and the first was by far my favorite of the series. It's a shame they don't do backwards episodes as much as they used to.

Fringe (Although it took 2 freakin hours) and Modern Family also had awesome introductions worth mentioning.

Discuss.
Day man
Fighter of the Night man
Champion of the sun
You’re a master of karate and friendship…for everyone
Breaking Bad easily had the best pilot of any of the shows I watch. I'm rewatching the series for the third time and I'm always impressed by this show.
Due what you want as long as you vote Due!
Twin Peaks
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by Saint78
The Office (American)

Which was pretty much scene for scene the British Office pilot.
Quote by Saint78
The Office (American)

Haha it's funny you mention the American version because it's nearly word per word a copy of the british version's 1st episode.
It's not until the 2nd season where you really see the characters diverge from their Uk counterparts.

Edit: guy above me got to it first
Day man
Fighter of the Night man
Champion of the sun
King of the Hill, although, it's a bit scary considering I know a few people who have had similar things happen to them and it really sucked.
Quote by CodChick

Seriously, I'm not a fan of iphones and guitars mixing.
Quote by Spartan101400
Star Trek: The Next Generation, how can you not enjoy John DeLancie's performance as "Q"?

Oh please, the TNG pilot sucks harder than a hull breach.

The pilot for Firefly was great.
Quote by CaptainCanti
it wouldn't surprise me if UG goes down within the next couple months, along with other privately owned sites

December 14, 2017
Last edited by StewieSwan at Jul 20, 2011,
Quote by Spartan101400
Would you rather have Janeway as your Captain or Picard?

Picard
Quote by Spartan101400

Psychobitch or a thoughtful and experienced intellectual. Let's see...
Quote by CaptainCanti
it wouldn't surprise me if UG goes down within the next couple months, along with other privately owned sites

December 14, 2017
Quote by StewieSwan
Psychobitch or a thoughtful and experienced intellectual. Let's see...

This guy gets it. Also, later in his career after he gets crippled Picard becomes a very accomplished telepath.
Quote by Spartan101400

Janeway, Picard has Borg in him, perhaps a dormant piece just waiting to be activated. I wouldn't trust that guy as far as I could bounce a rock off his shiny head.
Quote by CodChick

Family Guy
Big Bang Theory
King of the Hill
Modern Family
Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
Quote by element4433
Twin Peaks

I just watched the first episode the other day. I found it too long and boring. Everyone tells me it's a great show but I just couldn't get into it. I'm sure I would if I gave it another shot, though. That being said it looks like a really weird show which probably has a cult-like following and that usually mean some people either really like it or just don't.
Day man
Fighter of the Night man
Champion of the sun
Quote by ecvMatt
Janeway, Picard has Borg in him, perhaps a dormant piece just waiting to be activated. I wouldn't trust that guy as far as I could bounce a rock off his shiny head.

Janeway has a crew member that has more dormant implants than Picard has, she's more of a threat than Picard could ever become.
Quote by Spartan101400
Janeway has a crew member that has more dormant implants than Picard has, she's more of a threat than Picard could ever become.

but that crew member isn't the captain and the question asked under which I 'd prefer to serve, not which crew I'd rather be a part of. Either way, Picard is compromised, Janeway isn't.
Quote by CodChick

Quote by ecvMatt
but that crew member isn't the captain and the question asked under which I 'd prefer to serve, not which crew I'd rather be a part of. Either way, Picard is compromised, Janeway isn't.

Janeway essentially orders an execution of a crew member in one episode.
Quote by CaptainCanti

December 14, 2017
Lost

Say what you want about the series, but that pilot was awesome
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Quote by WCPhils
Lost

Say what you want about the series, but that pilot was awesome

That's the show I thought of when I saw this thread.

Awesome pilot. Awesome series, as far as I'm concerned... but nothing compares to the first season of it. When you were first getting to know all the characters, it was so goddamned interesting and well done.
Balls.
Last edited by rmr024 at Jul 21, 2011,
Quote by rmr024
That's the show I thought of when I saw this thread.

Awesome pilot. Awesome series, as far as I'm concerned.

Yea I loved the series too. one of the best shows ever IMO
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Spooks, Silent Witness, True Blood and The Walking Dead.
Our fingerprints don't fade from the lives we touch.
Last edited by Emilyyy. at Jul 21, 2011,
Archer

Solely due to the phrase he uses "Baby town frolics." I nearly peed laughing at that scene
I've been meaning to watch Breaking Bad for ages now, i think this thread has finally convinced me

I'd have to say the pilot for Malcolm In The Middle - I forgot how offbeat that show could be, and that shaving scene ... And Firefly is hard to beat in any category

^ Oh man, I always forgot to watch that too. There goes my summer
There was a very short lived show which no one seems to know about called Pushing Daisies, which I initially resisted because some girl made me watch it and I assumed it was girly crap. Turns out it was girly but not crap. More like girly and amazing.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
I suggest everybody go and watch the pilot for Ripping Yarns. It is the greatest thing I have ever seen. Tomkinson's Schooldays is the name of the episode. If you enjoy Monty Python or even comedy in general it's the best thing ever.
Lost! It was just straight into the action as soon as it started.
455 75 34 88

(´・ω・`)

Quote by strait jacket
Do you like being sigged or, like me do you feel strangely violated?
Community and Pushing daisies
Good old Pete. Isn't he too old to masturbate? - Pete Townshend
Don't mind your make-up, you better make your mind up. - Frank Zappa
Quote by Tvrtko1
Community and Pushing daisies

I love community but I actually didn't think the pilot was that strong to be honest.
Page 1 of 2