I got an entry level fender.... I know its no martin or whatever. I am happy with it. Will new strings make much difference in tone? Like elixirs are about 13 bucks. would it be worth it? or should i stick with factory setup?
New strings always sound great, elixirs feel awesome to play on and sound better for longer cause they're coated. If you've had the current set of strings on there for longer than like 3 months, I'd change em
Hovercraft Falcon 100 "La Dama del Solaris"
ESP LTD Phoenix-1000
Epiphone Les Paul Custom Silverburst
New strings will make a huge difference. And you don't need to spend $13 on them either. But if it's new you already have new strings. I would just stick with those for a month or two and them change them out.
i hate new strings, but the new string sound usually disappears in a couple days or so. using different strings can make a guitar sound very different. my favorite strings for cheap guitars tend to be either dr rare phosphor bronze, which add brilliance without lots of brightness, or martin silk & steels, which add warms and tame brash overbright tone.
Quote by Skeet UK
I just looked in my Oxford English Dictionary and under "Acoustic Guitar", there was your Avatar and an email address!
Quote by patticake
i hate new strings, but the new string sound usually disappears in a couple days or so. using different strings can make a guitar sound very different. my favorite strings for cheap guitars tend to be either dr rare phosphor bronze, which add brilliance without lots of brightness, or martin silk & steels, which add warms and tame brash overbright tone.

THanks for the advice. I have been reading up on these strings and they sound like they are really good strings. However, a lot of people mention how great they are for finger picking. In all honesty I do very little finger picking. So would they still be a good choice for me or should I go another route?
New strings do make a world of difference. They sound nicer, feel more responsive and have that brightness to em. Good quality strings won't make low quality instrument sound like a Martin or Taylor, but it can help. Good luck with the fender acoustic. Ive got one too, great guitar. Built like a tank. Fender's guitars are all like that for the most part