Poll: What would you do if your country was invaded?
Poll Options
View poll results: What would you do if your country was invaded?
Cower in fear
11 5%
Take up arms against invaders independently
84 36%
Join the army
44 19%
I'm the hell outta here!
76 32%
Other/explain
21 9%
Voters: 236.
Page 1 of 4
Came across this thread idea whilst watching a documentary on Hitler and the third reich.

When Poland was invaded by Nazi Germany in 1939, they took arms against an enemy that they pretty much knew they couldn't beat.

So Pit, What would you do if the country you currently reside in was invaded by a nations army that seemed unbeatable?

Poll on the way, I think.
GUERRILLA WAR, woooooo!!!!!!
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
I'd get a fake passport, go to the UK, and try to blend in.
GAS LIST

Z.Vex SHO
AnalogMan Stereo Chorus
Barber Tone Press
Way Huge Supa Puss
I am well armed, but there are a lot of factors involved that would ultimately determine my response to an invasion.

Am I home? If so, I live rural enough that I would hear about it before I saw the fighting/invaders and have time to figure out what the hell to do. If not, who knows?

Is a citizen militia forming near me that I can join arms with and participate? I know that me alone will do little against an invasion other than get me killed, a solo counteroffensive is completely out of the question.

Is there a line? I could possibly pack all my guns/ammo/canned food and water into my truck and head to the nearest staging area for the resistance/military, but knowing where it is and finding a safe route may prove difficult.

Do I really have the balls? Sure i could easily say "hell yea!" I'm gonna kill them till they kill me but when I hear the rapport and see the bodies, who knows how I might react.

Wolverines!!!!!!!!!!
Quote by CodChick

Seriously, I'm not a fan of iphones and guitars mixing.
Quote by RU Experienced?
My country spends half its damn GDP on its military so I'd be pissed if it couldn't stop a few Nazi's.

^This.

I'd probably be pissed off enough to turn sides. Depends on who tried to invade us and why, though.
Quote by Butt Rayge
Pretty sure Jesus was decaffeinated.

I'm just a hedonist without happiness
I don't have a huge sense of national pride. I'd probably just leave the country
RIP Gooze

cats
My country spends so much on military that I shouldn't have to worry too much. If things get bad then I'll flee.
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
I'd be curious if the hood here stops shooting each other long enough to shoot some asshole invaders
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495
Jesus, Horsedick, you are my hero

Quote by JayT44
don't worry guys his girlfriend is black, she said it was okay for him to say that.

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
World organizations would surely step in if the USA was invaded, making it a world war.
MM Stingray
MIA P Bass
MIM Jazz Bass
GK 700RB-II Head
GK 410SBX Cab
Sansamp 3 Ch. DI
Crybaby Bass Wah
Bass Big Muff
DD3 Delay

MIA Strat
Nashville Tele
Martin 00015M
Hot Rod Deluxe
Big Muff
DS1
Hendrix Crybaby Wah
I live in the U.S. Therefore, we would kick some major ass. It'll be fine.
I can only listen to so many breakdowns and "spoken word" vocals before I wanna puke.

I find Jennette McCurdy attractive, but Elizabeth Gillies and Debby Ryan much more so.

That's enough, Djent people. We get it.
move to finland. they'll protect me.
whooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Quote by EJD
Reminds me of that drunkard who ran out of beer... he was so desperate, he drank furniture polish.

He came to a horrible end... but a beautiful finish.
Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
I'd be curious if the hood here stops shooting each other long enough to shoot some asshole invaders

This is a good point. I think there's enough G's in the US to **** a bitch or two, by themselves.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Actually I'd hole up in switzerland. I don't care who you are, you're not invading that country.
I'd move north into the country. They aren't going to send troops through the middle of Australia, absolutely no point.
Member of the Laney Cult
As they said in the Old West:

Edit: Besides, bombs are real fun when it comes to tanks...
Last edited by crazysam23_Atax at Jul 20, 2011,
If my country was invaded I'd play MW2 to figure out how to go about not dying.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Guerrilla warfare.

Half-Life 2 commences.

I are Godron Fereman.
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
Apparently the licensed gun owners in the state of Wisconsin alone would qualify as one of the 10 largest armies in the world. So yeah, I don't think an invasion/hostile occupation of the US is happening any time soon.
1992 Ibanez S540 sol
1988? Kramer Pacer Mutt
Quote by sk8boardbob2
Apparently the licensed gun owners in the state of Wisconsin alone would qualify as one of the 10 largest armies in the world. So yeah, I don't think an invasion/hostile occupation of the US is happening any time soon.

that's ridiculous if true.

Also relevant

___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
I would ask our stronger, more violent badass older brother to help out. I'm looking at you America.
Quote by sk8boardbob2

The only time that second amendment would come in handy

WA is too big to effectively invade. Plus we're quite friendly with the Chinese.

The East Coast would be fair game though. I doubt any invading army is going to trek 5000km across the continent to get to us though.

Though saying all this, we would win quite easily because we've started in Australia. We'd just conquer Indonesia, and then move up through East Asia if there isn't much troop activity in Western Asia. Fortify heavily at Kamchatka, then take as many Asian territories as we can.

Basically we'd continue just to be badass and wipe out every other army until we win.
Page 1 of 4