Hey there guys, I just recently changed guitar strings the other day, but as all the guitar strings were off, I took out the bridge so I could clean the surface underneath it. And then when it came time to put it back on, I forgot which direction it should face!

Now the intonation is fine, but is that the way it is meant to go on? The intonation screws are facing the headstock now and the intonation saddles incline from the bridge to the headstock(starts off low then rises in the headstocks direction), I think it is affecting my palm muted alternate picking. Can anyone with this type of guitar help? Any help from anyone would be much appreciated.
That's actually how they're meant to be. Or at least that is how ESP always puts them. They can actually put either way around, it doesn't matter so long as you correct the intonation if you flip it. Gibson and Epiphone style tune-o-matics actually have half the saddles facing one way an the other half facing the other way. There's no real reason for it. Use whichever way is most comfortable for you.
Quote by grohl1987
That's actually how they're meant to be. Or at least that is how ESP always puts them. They can actually put either way around, it doesn't matter so long as you correct the intonation if you flip it. Gibson and Epiphone style tune-o-matics actually have half the saddles facing one way an the other half facing the other way. There's no real reason for it. Use whichever way is most comfortable for you.

It doesn't affect the palm muting on the low E this way? For some reason it's not sounding the same as before..
Quote by grohl1987
Gibson and Epiphone style tune-o-matics actually have half the saddles facing one way an the other half facing the other way.

the saddles facing changes the minimum and maximum possible string length.

@ts
this is the normal way. you can see a discussion of it between myself and a Roc in this thread https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1462488
"When losers say it's over with you know that it's a lie
The gods made heavy metal and it's never gonna die"
Intonation screws usually face the to the rear of your guitar. (Atleast it does on my Schecter).
ESP Horizon NT-II
Schecter Hellraiser C-1
Peavey 6505
Orange PPC412
Maxon OD808
ISP Decimator G-String
Boss TU3
Quote by Mopy
Intonation screws usually face the to the rear of your guitar. (Atleast it does on my Schecter).

On my Epiphone they face the headstock.. All the pictures of the Horizon NT II I have looked at are not clear/close enough. The intonation is fine, just the palm muting sounds "off".
Quote by Megadeth09
On my Epiphone they face the headstock.. All the pictures of the Horizon NT II I have looked at are not clear/close enough. The intonation is fine, just the palm muting sounds "off".

If it sounds off try flipping it the other way then? Although are you sure it's properly seated as it is now?
ESP Horizon NT-II
Schecter Hellraiser C-1
Peavey 6505
Orange PPC412
Maxon OD808
ISP Decimator G-String
Boss TU3
Quote by Mopy
If it sounds off try flipping it the other way then? Although are you sure it's properly seated as it is now?

Yeah, the strings are in place(the balls are flush with the body) and the bridge doesn't move. It's only the low E string and only when I alternate pick. The upstroke doesn't sound as chuggy.

I can't flip it around without taking off all the strings, so I want that to be the last option as the current string will be rendered useless after.
easiest way to tell is there should be markings on the saddles from the strings, the mark on the low E will be bigger than the high e. should be marked just from wear and time, but will depend how old the guitar is
Quote by xadioriderx
easiest way to tell is there should be markings on the saddles from the strings, the mark on the low E will be bigger than the high e. should be marked just from wear and time, but will depend how old the guitar is

Yeah, that's what I used when i put it back on. One side was definitely "wider" from the low E, while the other side marking was very thin. I think it's just my palm placement that is affecting it, as the videos also show that it is in the correct direction too
Quote by Megadeth09
It's only the low E string and only when I alternate pick. The upstroke doesn't sound as chuggy.

sounds like dodgy technique, not a dodgy bridge.
"When losers say it's over with you know that it's a lie
The gods made heavy metal and it's never gonna die"
Quote by kolonelkadat
sounds like dodgy technique, not a dodgy bridge.

Yeah, my palm is not as high on the bridge as it used to be. I had 2 weeks off guitar so I could be a bit sketchy(embarrassed face) :P