This guitar part caught me like nothing has in a while... how would you suggest achieving this tone? Effects, equalization, what is happening here?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=FGEMmdsk3pI#t=02m47s

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
The only thing I can tell you about Wolfmother is that they use alot of fuzz rather than other distortion/overdrive. I can hear it in this song too. Hope that helps.
Sounds to me like humbuckers through a Tonebender into a non-master-volume Marshall (pretty thick sounding--maybe a JTM-45?).
Money beats soul every time.

Money beats soul...every time.

Money...beats soul...every...goddamn...time.
sounds like they used an octave pedal, like cky uses to get that huge guitar sound
with a damn good amount of overdrive.
I cant tell what the eq would be though, the octave pedal and OD is most important to the tone
The illegality of cannabis is outrageous, an impediment to full utilization of a drug which helps produce the serenity and insight, sensitivity and fellowship so desperately needed in this increasingly mad and dangerous world.
- Carl Sagan
The bass might also be pretty distorted which would add to the thickness.
For Frodo!
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
No because a world full of marbles silly man is just as real as a half empty glass of microwaved nesquik.
I just did some googling and the dude uses Gibsons (SG and ES-335) through a Vox Tonebender into a Marshall 1959. I will now bask in the glow of my awesome ears.
Money beats soul every time.

Money beats soul...every time.

Money...beats soul...every...goddamn...time.
OD or Fuzz with a MXR blue box maybe

EDIT: maybe not a blue box
Last edited by ampoverload at Jul 21, 2011,
I think you guys are right, the octave pedal makes it sound awesome like an organ and bass is backing it up.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.