I just recently sold off all my limited edition custom shop Epiphones to upgrade to Gibson's about 5 months ago.

I currently have the following:

Gibson Custom Shop Faded Honey Burst
Gibson Blackwater
Gibson SG Standard

i want to add to the Gibson collection... but i can't say im a huge fan of the Firebird, or Flying V's i like my simple shapes! lol.

any suggestion? anything that may have a different sound that im missing out on?
Corvus III will do you no good then.

How bout a Double Cut LP, or a ES (something along those lines)

And yes they still own Wilshire, and Kramer.
Where's Waldo?
Just saw a Gibson SG Classic Faded has P90's in it... that could be interesting only $750.00 new.
Quote by chadreed32
Corvus III will do you no good then.

How bout a Double Cut LP, or a ES (something along those lines)

And yes they still own Wilshire, and Kramer.

they own kramer?
Quote by Evidos
Just saw a Gibson SG Classic Faded has P90's in it... that could be interesting only $750.00 new.

I wouldn't get a faded (or an SG )

You're better off upgrading, rather than downgrading. The Faded series isn't much better than the Epiphone Customs, if better at all. And there's a lot better things for 750.
Where's Waldo?
GIBSON NIGHTHAWK!!

Sorry, I couldn't help myself.
Quote by punk_rules_1997

Hi, I am looking for an amp setting close to the sound of bands like Black Veil Brides.

Quote by Eppicurt

Set everything to 12 o'clock.

Go from there.

lol

Jackson WRMG
Peavey Valveking 112
Pod HD300

Will buy guitars & guitar parts
PM me for info
Quote by juancito94
they own kramer?

Suprisingly yes, though they don't put forth the best effort to keep it in the loop. Kind of like your least favorite child, you don't want people to know it's yours. Most likely because it was concieved while you were intoxicated at a party. (Meaning the president of Gibson was intoxicated when he bought Kramer, at a party)
Quote by juancito94
they own kramer?

Yes, and have for quite some time (20+ years, IIRC). But the Gison-Kramer's arent that great, and don't hold up to the Gary Kramer Customs, etc.
Where's Waldo?
Quote by Skullivan
Suprisingly yes, though they don't put forth the best effort to keep it in the loop. Kind of like your least favorite child, you don't want people to know it's yours. Most likely because it was concieved while you were intoxicated at a party. (Meaning the president of Gibson was intoxicated when he bought Kramer, at a party)

'Snot like it costed him any significant percentage of his moneh.
Where's Waldo?
Yeah a Gibson Blues Hawk would be sick, the stores around here never have any,
Quote by Skullivan

good example! i learned something today!
Quote by Evidos
Yeah a Gibson Blues Hawk would be sick, the stores around here never have any,

Buy a used one off of guitar center for <$1000 (few on there now) and you have 30 days to return it. I don't see why it would play too much differently than a LP.
Where's Waldo?
Quote by Evidos
The Old Kramers were pretty fun shredding guitars.

Hockeystick on crack.
Where's Waldo?
Get a Les Paul Studio '60s Tribute goldtop if you can find one. If you don't like it, you can put it on eBay and make a few hundred bucks--they're $850~ new, but the goldtop regularly brings $1000-1200 online. Supply and demand, baby.
Money beats soul every time.

Money beats soul...every time.

Money...beats soul...every...goddamn...time.
Quote by juancito94
a gibson les paul custom?

This. just be careful, not sure you will want to play anything else after it
I know you want a gibson, but you also say you want a different sound that you may be missing out on. So I suggest the guthrie govan sig from Suhr. Its absolutely amazing. Its also expensive, but since youre buying gibsons up left and right, I doubt cost of much concern.
"When losers say it's over with you know that it's a lie
The gods made heavy metal and it's never gonna die"
Gibson custom Limited Edition Les Paul with 490R 498T Gibson Humbuckers. Or a Gibson Custom Peter Frampton Les Paul Custom with 3 gibson hunbuckers. I played both of these in a music store and I came twice.
Try get a go on an ES339..... or a 359.... which is the same but flashier...
Very good guitars indeed
Quote by Evidos

Gibson Custom Shop Faded Honey Burst
Gibson Blackwater
Gibson SG Standard

those aren't really collectible gibsons.

if you want something collectible, try selling those off and buying vintage gibsons.

like find a moderne.
Quote by Way Cool JR.
Plus you should see all their new stuff that's coming out in the next couple weeks.

Oh ho! New Kramers? I will definitely look into that.
Quote by gregs1020
those aren't really collectible gibsons.

if you want something collectible, try selling those off and buying vintage gibsons.

like find a moderne.

never said they were collectible... lol

although there is only 200 Gibson Blackwater's in the world.
and i don't think there are many Gibson Custom Shop Faded Lemon Burst's either.

was checking out the nighthawk last night, they are pretty fun guitars... also played a Fender American Custom shop birds eye maple tele and a Strat.

I really like the archtop stuff though alot more comfortable to play. Trying to find a Gibson classic goldtop or something.
Quote by Evidos
never said they were collectible... lol

although there is only 200 Gibson Blackwater's in the world.
and i don't think there are many Gibson Custom Shop Faded Lemon Burst's either.

was checking out the nighthawk last night, they are pretty fun guitars... also played a Fender American Custom shop birds eye maple tele and a Strat.

I really like the archtop stuff though alot more comfortable to play. Trying to find a Gibson classic goldtop or something.

how about a goldtop with p-90s? '54 RI maybe?
the 2011 nighthawks are pretty nice,

what about the (forget the name) sg's with 3 pickups, they also have a bigsby.

there is also the vampire explorers, and those nashville flood guitars
Gibson ES-135.Es-125, or ES-175 they are awesome guitars
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by kandex