I am looking to change my bridge and neck pickups on my Ibanez RG1570z prestige guitar as I feel the V7 and V8 somewhat lacking

I play through a peavey 6505+ head and Mesa dual rectifer 2x12 cab and am looking for pickups that are really tight sounding for high gain distortion and cut through for leads.

Does anyone have any suggestions...I am pretty new to pickups! Thankyou
That guitar was made for classic rock, the whole guitar was designed for that. Honestly, the pickups are great, for what they are made for. Chances are, unless you go real high end, a pickup swap will devalue that guitar a LOT! That being said, maybe a set of DiMarzio PUP's will work better for you (and increase value at the same time).
1. What genres?
2. Budget?
3. What is lacking in your current V7 & V8?
4. What do you want your new set to sound like?
5. What is it about your current amps you want your pickups to tweak?
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
^^^ That
I put a set of Dimarzio Evolution pickups in my Ibanez S570DXQM.
Made a major difference in the sound. I can do blues to metal (Early metal like Sabbath).
Quote by IbanezBossShred
That guitar was made for classic rock, the whole guitar was designed for that. Honestly, the pickups are great, for what they are made for. Chances are, unless you go real high end, a pickup swap will devalue that guitar a LOT! That being said, maybe a set of DiMarzio PUP's will work better for you (and increase value at the same time).

A pickup swap doesn't devalue a guitar at all provided you keep the original pickup - besides the V7 and V8 are next to worthless once removed from the guitar.

Also an RG isn't "built for classic rock" at all, it's about as versatile a guitar as you can get. The pickups are generic granted, not particularly good at anything and not particularly exciting, there's also the issue of the topsy-turvy magnet choices. However the fairly neutral basswood body means that with the right pickups an RG will excel at ANY genre.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Ummm, well I was kinda referring to the fact that the pickups are "Vintage" and was originally meant for a "Vintage" tone, best suited for classic rock. But anyway....

dvm25... May I ask, do you know what type of trem is on that guitar? I ask because the Ibanez website shows it as being an "Edge-Pro" but the one on my 1570 is an Edge Zero with ZPS. Just curious if the website boo-boo'd or if they used both maybe.
Quote by IbanezBossShred
Ummm, well I was kinda referring to the fact that the pickups are "Vintage" and was originally meant for a "Vintage" tone, best suited for classic rock. But anyway....

Still a bit off. The tone from the stock pickups are quite a way off from being a "vintage" tone.

Anyway to stay on topic, I'd go for Dimarzios definitely, many of their pickups are aimed at the stuff you're after.
Personally I'd go for the Evos
stock ibby pickups don't sound vintage at all. I don't care less what they call them. Britney Spears' record company calls her a singer.

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by IbanezBossShred

Lulz.

Everybody knows you dont get any money back that you put into a guitar. The biggest issue with the V series is they are most certainly trying to be "a jack of all trades and master of none" but they are the reason you can buy such a great quality guitar for the relatively fair price the 1570s come at. but otherwise the RG series with HSH are some of the most versatile guitars out there.

Ts have a look at something like the Dimarzio Evos or DeActivators, or if you want to try something different check out the Dimarzio website and see what it throws at you

Also your 6505+ might actually be the issue, if you chuck a boost in front of it, I would imagine it would tighten up your tone far more than new PUPs. My 1570 sounded tight as **** through my old 6505 with a TS in the front.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by Tom 1.0

(a) Ts have a look at something like the Dimarzio Evos or DeActivators, or if you want to try something different check out the Dimarzio website and see what it throws at you

(b) Also your 6505+ might actually be the issue, if you chuck a boost in front of it, I would imagine it would tighten up your tone far more than new PUPs. My 1570 sounded tight as **** through my old 6505 with a TS in the front.

(a) if you mean the pickup wizard, then probably a tone zone

(b) good call. even a cheapo clone would work (you can pick up ts clones starting around hte £25 mark), and it'd be a lot cheaper (and a lot less faffing) than new pickups.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I loved the tone zone.... but then again that was in an Alder guitar with a Maple cap...

But yeah TS try a boost first, much cheaper alternative if it works

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
EMG 81/85.

If you want to stay passive, look into the DiMarzio D-Activators. A D Sonic/ Liquifire could also be kick ass.

Or Aftermaths. If you has the moneys for them.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Tom 1.0
I loved the tone zone.... but then again that was in an Alder guitar with a Maple cap...

But yeah TS try a boost first, much cheaper alternative if it works

yeah i'm quite liking the tone zone in my lag... it's weird, i've tried it in guitars where i've really liked it and in others where i hated it. funnily enough i didn't like it in the charvel, which was alder, but the guitars i have liked it in have been mahogany superstrats o_O
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?