feeling in the modding mood, and i was wondering how exactly true bypassing is done and thought i would give it a shot. to clear things up, i have a MXR OD, crybaby from hell wah, and a brand new Boss NS-2. which of these are true-bypassable or which would be the easiest to do. also, does doing the mod change the pedals character in any way? besides the sucking of tone. like, will it cut some of the frequencies in my wah?

TY in advance
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
day old bump?
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

I <3 TWEED
IIRC, true bypassing would necessitate you to take out the SPDT switch, and change it for a DPDT switch, with another wire going in there straight from the input to the switch to the output, so when its off it will go straight through the output....

Don't quote me on that.
Where's Waldo?
Google true bypassing. There are volumes written on it.

Those pedals are probably not the easiest to start with. The Boss pedal needs it's flip-flop bypass disabled to a state where the pedal is always on. Then true bypass can be done.
The Crybaby from Hell, I have one but never really looked at true bypassing it. Might be a little tough for a beginner. The circuits pretty nuts.
Not sure about the MXR OD. This might be the one to start on. Find a schematic for it, find the input and outputs and wire it up. Not sure how the bypass is on this one to begin with though.

Honestly, the easiest pedal is probably a Crybaby GCB-95 or a Vox v847 to true bypass.

Why do you want to true bypass them? For the heck of it?
Quote by Griffin Effects
Google true bypassing. There are volumes written on it.

Those pedals are probably not the easiest to start with. The Boss pedal needs it's flip-flop bypass disabled to a state where the pedal is always on. Then true bypass can be done.
The Crybaby from Hell, I have one but never really looked at true bypassing it. Might be a little tough for a beginner. The circuits pretty nuts.
Not sure about the MXR OD. This might be the one to start on. Find a schematic for it, find the input and outputs and wire it up. Not sure how the bypass is on this one to begin with though.

Honestly, the easiest pedal is probably a Crybaby GCB-95 or a Vox v847 to true bypass.

Why do you want to true bypass them? For the heck of it?

just thought i would get a headstart at "purifying" my tone
Quote by kangaxxter

Quote by Blompcube

I <3 TWEED
none of those i would consider easy. all those have their jacks pcb monted which really complicates things. the switches on the mxr and boss are also pcb mounted.

if you needed to convert any of those to true bypass it would be a puta madre to de solder jacks and switches, buy new switches and jacks wire them off board, mill out a new housing, paint it and then label it. all that just to brag about your true bypass.

the mxr and the boss have a rather nice buffered bypass that doesn't affect the tone too much. the DB-01 crybaby is buffered bypass and DB-02 is true bypass fyi. i found that on dunlop's blog http://www.jimdunlop.com/blog/?p=384