Page 1 of 2
http://www.espguitars.com/news/2011-summer-fall-models.html

Unfortunately there's no new ESP models, but still, I am not disappoint. This batch has a lot of good stuff in it. I might have to put that V-307 on my list of guitars to get.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
They look pretty nice, but does ESP have some sort of contract with EMG, or do they just slap them in any ol' thing? I hate how they never use DiMarzio's or Lace. In fact NOBODY uses Lace....
Last edited by LostKeys at Jul 21, 2011,
ESP uses EMG and Seymour Duncan about equally, across all of their lines.

I think it's just streamlined for ease. Pretty much, if you go out and buy a guitar, you're either going to get a JB/59/Jazz, or an 81/85/60. Those are the extremely popular models that everyone knows and loves, they're tried and true. Not many people know about different DiMarzio models, or any other company for that matter, compared to how many people know about those 6 models.

Also, it could have something to do with how they sound with their guitars. DiMarzio pickups tend to sound best in basswood, and alder. EMG's and SD's are pretty well known to sound really good in Mahogany, and most of their models are mahogany. You can get a good sound with any given pickup in any wood, but again, it's just easier to use popular tried and true models.

My band:
Fractured Instinct

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Well, in my opinion, and probably only my opinion, EMG's are like the Line6 of the pickup world, in that they make almost every guitar sound the same.
I like the look of the EC 7 strings. There aren't enough LP-style 7s around. It's cool to see a company like ESP trying out P90 pickups as well, although they are stacked P90s which probably won't sound all that great.
but isnt the Duncan jeff beck sh-4 more of a rock pickup than metal ?

people have suggest me a sh-6 distortion instead of a jeff beck sh-4 for my strat cause it had more power for metal and i believe i made the good choice . the jeff beck was very on the trebly side with a lot of high and not more low end . maybe it sound completely in a mahogany guitar . but on a strat .

never tried the JB but.. it doesnt seem like a "in your face" humbucker made for agressive playing than modern metal /thrash metal require . maybe im wrong as i never tried it .

just wondering if theres a reason why they put a JB in a guitar made for metal instead of a Sh-5 or Sh-6 or some more agressive pickup .

i know mustaine used jb/jazz set ,
Bedroom rock star :

- Gibson Les paul Standard 2001 Honeyburst .
- Agile 3200 Slim
Last edited by Skysc at Jul 21, 2011,
Quote by Skysc
but isnt the Duncan jeff beck sh-4 more of a rock pickup than metal ?

people have suggest me a sh-6 distortion instead of a jeff beck sh-4 for my strat cause it had more power for metal and i believe i made the good choice . the jeff beck was very on the trebly side . maybe it sound completely in a mahogany guitar .

never tried the JB but.. it doesnt seem like a "in your face" humbucker made for agressive playing than modern metal /thrash metal require . maybe im wrong as i never tried it .

just wondering if theres a reason why they put a JB in a guitar made for metal instead of a Sh-5 or Sh-6 or some more agreesive pickup .

Michael Amott from Arch Enemy used a JB/59 combo in all of his guitars until he switched to Dean. Listen to their music and you tell me if the JB is good for metal or not

I have several things to say about these new models:

All the ERGs with EMGs? Do not want.

They need to start selling un-distressed Strat style guitars.

As ever the ECs that don't look like they were dragged through some kind of abalone bush look really nice.

And I'm done.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Loving the ERGs. Especially the 8's. But hating the actives

Depending on the price, this could be my new GAS instead of an Agile Intrepid..
i was just cause im kinda hesitating between 2 LTD deluxe . the m-1000 and mh-1000 nt .

http://www.espguitars.com/guitars/ltd-standard-deluxe/mh-1000nt.html

this one has esp locking tuners and no floyd rose which is what i want ( locking tuners and no floyd rose ) .. but it come with the duncans set .

the m-1000 has a floyd rose and no locking tuners .. but come with the emg 81/60 set . )

i really want locking tuners and no floyd rose bridge . but i wonder if the sh-4 will have enough balls for drop c tuning .

jeff beck and drop c tuning .. any thought ??

otherwise the new line is hot . im just lookign to found mine .. which would be a superstrat without floyd rose with emg . .. but damn James hetfield 's Snakebyte shape = fail big time .

great company .. the LTd line is great as long as you take the higher end .. the cheaper lower serial model arent great at all . the difference from my ex-50 vs ex-400 was night and day .. not only the same guitar with better pickup . everything was better .
Bedroom rock star :

- Agile 3200 Slim
Last edited by Skysc at Jul 21, 2011,
Quote by Skysc
i was just cause im kinda hesitating between 2 LTD deluxe . the m-1000 and mh-1000 nt .

this one has esp locking tuners and no floyd rose which is what i want ( locking tuners and no floyd rose ) .. but it come with the duncans set .

the m-1000 has a floyd rose and no locking tuners .. but come with the emg 81/60 set . )

i really want locking tuners and no floyd rose bridge . but i wonder if the sh-4 will have enough balls for drop c tuning .

Again: Arch Enemy. Michael Amott. JB in ALL of his guitars until he switched to Dean. Tuned to B standard in the early days with Carcass and early AE and now tunes to C standard.

The JB is a damn good metal pickup if you're putting it through a good amp and actually have the chops to back it up. Do not question this, I am right and that's all there is to it.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Again: Arch Enemy. Michael Amott. JB in ALL of his guitars until he switched to Dean. Tuned to B standard in the early days with Carcass and early AE and now tunes to C standard.

The JB is a damn good metal pickup if you're putting it through a good amp and actually have the chops to back it up. Do not question this, I am right and that's all there is to it.

You're correct. But this just made me laugh
ok thx .
Bedroom rock star :

- Agile 3200 Slim
stacked P-90s in an LTD??

I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by LostKeys
Well, in my opinion, and probably only my opinion, EMG's are like the Line6 of the pickup world, in that they make almost every guitar sound the same.

Reminds me of those little paper wrappers that some hotel cleaning crews put on the toilet "sanitized for your protection" all actives sound very sterile.

There's a reason that a lot of guitars have Duncan JB/59/Jazz installed. It's something called tone.

Even with a Valvetronix or Vypyr ina basswood or alder body they have good tone.
Gear
Jackson DK2
Ibanez RGR320EX
Guild X82 Nova
Godin Seagull S6

Vox V847
Vox VT40+ / VFS5 VT

Quote by FatalGear41

Right now, there are six and a half billion people on earth who don't care what kind of tubes you have in your amplifier
Quote by Skysc

otherwise the new line is hot . im just lookign to found mine .. which would be a superstrat without floyd rose with emg . .. but damn James hetfield 's Snakebyte shape = fail big time .

great company .. the LTd line is great as long as you take the higher end .. the cheaper lower serial model arent great at all . the difference from my ex-50 vs ex-400 was night and day .. not only the same guitar with better pickup . everything was better .

Someone on this forum once said "90% of people who want EMGs should just buy a Dual Rectifier instead". Go with the MH-1000 NT. You can always get EMGs installed later if you don't like the SDs whereas it's a lot harder to switch from Floyd to string-thru.
1992 Ibanez S540 sol
1988? Kramer Pacer Mutt
7- and 8-String Heaven

Fuck yes, I'm so super excited for MORE black guitars with EMGs.

Fuck.
hmm still waiting for them to reissue some Baritone's
do love those new EC-401FM's, especially the blue one ^^
Last edited by Aihko-Axel at Jul 21, 2011,
Quote by Våd Hamster
Fuck yes, I'm so super excited for MORE black guitars with EMGs.

Fuck.

Oh Vad

You're totally right though, I only just noticed how there's only one non-black ERG on the whole page.

That is fucking pathetic.

Quote by Master Foo

Album.
Legion.
ugh why do they have so many 8 strings in production.....i guess they just wana server the new "djent fad" -_- still love esp but they gotta use DIFFERENT PICKUPS. its like the only difference in owning more then 1 is the paint job
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
i a,m really digging the white 7 string ec, do want
Gear:

Jackson DKMG pro
Schecter omen exreme 7
Tanglewood Che Guivara mk.1
Brunswick electro acoustic

peavey 412ms
some rack stuff
Quote by EspTro
ugh why do they have so many 8 strings in production.....i guess they just wana server the new "djent fad" -_- still love esp but they gotta use DIFFERENT PICKUPS. its like the only difference in owning more then 1 is the paint job

Yeah, I'm sick of EMG's. I have EMG 707's in my Agile 7 string, but I would much rather a pair of passives. Even if they were the no-name Agile pickups.

I want an 8 with passives.. No more EMG's. Idgaf if Tosin uses 808X's. Actives just really aren't my style..
I think it's about time ESP offered a more classic line to their basses. I'm really digging those J basses and the P/J bass, I can't wait to play them. The only guitars that catch my eye are the new Vipers, and looks like they're bringing back the ST series as well.
Quote by FatalGear41
In the end, the only question is: what bass would Jesus play?

I think he's a Fender Jazz guy.
Quote by LostKeys
They look pretty nice, but does ESP have some sort of contract with EMG, or do they just slap them in any ol' thing? I hate how they never use DiMarzio's or Lace. In fact NOBODY uses Lace....

Fender's got some with LS's, IIRC.
Where's Waldo?
Nothing really that notable for me... Maybe the V-307 but that would be it. The new EC-401 finishes look damn nice too.
HUMINAH.

Those EC401's! The blue one! and... that purple one! Oh god. I'll swap the EMG's in those colors... holy...
ITT: People thinking EMG's are toneless monsters, and people not realizing that if you don't like a pickup, you can change it to any of hundreds of other models out there in about 10 mins

I've always (well, for a long time anyway) been of the opinion that a guitar should be about the feel, and the look. Tone can be changed in so many different ways, it's kind of silly to get or not get a guitar based on pickups.

My band:
Fractured Instinct

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Offworld92
ITT: People thinking EMG's are toneless monsters, and people not realizing that if you don't like a pickup, you can change it to any of hundreds of other models out there in about 10 mins

I've always (well, for a long time anyway) been of the opinion that a guitar should be about the feel, and the look. Tone can be changed in so many different ways, it's kind of silly to get or not get a guitar based on pickups.

Maybe a little, but there's also hundreds of thousands of guitars to choose from, with and without active pickups. The idea of a perfect guitar is a pretty strong idea. Buying a guitar with pickups you don't knowingly like might seem kind of obnoxious because you might feel like you won't like it as much or might think it was kind of a waste until you get the pickups replaced.

And to swap out EMG's, you have to replace all of the electronics. Sure, you could probably sell/trade them for passives you want and not lose any money, but then you have to put the guitar back together.

I dunno, I think it would be a little pointless, because I could probably find a guitar I like more with pickups I like more.

I understand there are a lot of differing viewpoints on it. Personally for me, I'm the kind of person that finds one neck I love, and then no other neck feels comfortable to me. I've fallen in love with the ESP Thin U, so I tend to hate using any other guitar than my H-301. Also, ESP guitars look the best to me.

And I do all of my pickup swaps/electronics by myself, and can do a complete active-passive transition in about 30 mins, so of course I don't understand when people make a big deal out of pickups, because I forget a lot that a lot of people don't do that stuff like I do.

So there's a lot of factors that contribute to my viewpoints, just as equally as there's a lot of factors why people think whichever way they do.

I highly recommend learning to solder and perform maintenance yourself though. It makes everything so much better/easier/cheaper.

My band:
Fractured Instinct

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Offworld92

Well really for me it's about convenience. I'd rather not dish out an extra $190 dollars just to switch to passives, and then being limited with actives, and the low amount of active pickup models out there.
The eclipses and B basses look nice. Nothing else really caught my eye though
Quote by Willowthewitch
Reminds me of those little paper wrappers that some hotel cleaning crews put on the toilet "sanitized for your protection" all actives sound very sterile.

There's a reason that a lot of guitars have Duncan JB/59/Jazz installed. It's something called tone.

Even with a Valvetronix or Vypyr ina basswood or alder body they have good tone.

What does that have to do with anything I said?
Ughhhh, P90s. I thought we were rid of those un-distortionable, gain-lacking things. MORE EMGs!!! MORE EMGs!!!
I like prog
Quote by I AM DEREK
Ughhhh, P90s. I thought we were rid of those un-distortionable, gain-lacking things. MORE EMGs!!! MORE EMGs!!!

Page 1 of 2