I've been looking for a nice addition to my setup to cover some 'djent' and such kind of music. As I was watching a gear video of Periphery on tour, they spoke highly of one pedal in particular. A Keeley 4 Knob Compressor. Which they furthermore spoke about how that helps them achieve that really heavily gated sound along side their noise gate(s).

Now my question is, should I splurge on one of these said "Jesus boxes with a switch and 4 knobs"?

Secondly, I'm also curious as to if it would make a noticeable difference in just my average tone. I play metalcore/hardcore/whatever the hell you name it type music mainly, so I'm fond of that hard hitting and very aggressive tone. To sum it all up, I'm practically asking would it complement my 6505 and make a great enough difference to warrant such a high price tag?

If there's a cheaper alternative that doesn't cost an arm and a leg, but still "sounds" as clear as the Keeley, feel free to give it a mention.
ESP Horizon NT-II
Schecter Hellraiser C-1
Peavey 6505
Orange PPC412
Maxon OD808
ISP Decimator G-String
Boss TU3
try the boss compressor in between two gates, and fyi that video for guitar edge i think it was, is old and they've updated their gear. check that they are still using that compressor
they use the axe fx ultra through mackie monitors as far as i know, they might still use the double-gate keeley compressor in the loop of the axe fx to tighten it up. altho the axefx has these pedals built in so it would surpise me if they were still using external pedals
Quote by gman128
they use the axe fx ultra through mackie monitors as far as i know, they might still use the double-gate keeley compressor in the loop of the axe fx to tighten it up. altho the axefx has these pedals built in so it would surpise me if they were still using external pedals

I know the use Axe-Fx now.
But in that video, they had a very gated tone regardless.
ESP Horizon NT-II
Schecter Hellraiser C-1
Peavey 6505
Orange PPC412
Maxon OD808
ISP Decimator G-String
Boss TU3