soooooooo, ive been thinking lately and i think its time for me to get a new guitar. but the problem is im looking for one that has a neck thru body and floyd rose and i cant find one! but yeah, i play all kinds of music especially metal. any ideas? pleasee keep it under 300$
Cheers! i hope i hear from ya'll!
Last edited by juancito94 at Jul 21, 2011,
Well a quick lookie around I was only able to find an ESP LTD H-351FR, neck thru and floyd.
but it's about 700 bucks, I'm guessing neck thru + floyd rose is a pretty rare combo so you won't find many if any for under 300. But that's just me and my nonexistant knowledge, someone else should confirm.
Neck-thru w/ floyd AND under 300? That's quite unfathomable. Though you might be able to snag a schecter hellraiser w/ EMG's and neck thru with a floyd for around 400? Used of course.
Quote by Jiziason
Well a quick lookie around I was only able to find an ESP LTD H-351FR, neck thru and floyd.
but it's about 700 bucks, I'm guessing neck thru + floyd rose is a pretty rare combo so you won't find many if any for under 300. But that's just me and my nonexistant knowledge, someone else should confirm.

It's not a rare combo, infact it's quite the opposite, since these days the population of guitarists are 89% metalheads. (Woo pulled a % outta my ass! )
quite common among schecter, esp ltd and jackson models, but don't be silly about expecting anything new w/ these features for under 300$. try used
Quote by gman128
quite common among schecter, esp ltd and jackson models, but don't be silly about expecting anything new w/ these features for under 300$. try used

I thought Jackson went cheap and pulled an Ibanez making erything bolt-on? Well under $1k anyway.
yes, that's true but jackson have pro series models (japan made) like the sl3, ke5fr, rr5, rr24 and so on that are neck thru, floyd rose, and mostly w/ SD pickups. Fact is good neck thrus inherently cost more money and you should watch out for lower cost neck thru models
Well. By reading the replies i guess there isn't. Thank you everyone! I appreciate it!
I would look at guitar center used for a Schecter with the spec's you are looking for.
Good bolt on is always better than a cheap neck thru....

Just saying.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by LostKeys
It's not a rare combo, infact it's quite the opposite, since these days the population of guitarists are 89% metalheads. (Woo pulled a % outta my ass! )

Did you know that 90% of statistics are made up on the spot? And I'm only 50% sure about that.
Where's Waldo?
Quote by Tom 1.0
Good bolt on is always better than a cheap neck thru....

Just saying.

This is true, quality and construction wise. Though I would still take a neck through, just for the sake of the feel, and the look.

Anyway, your best bet is going to be an older, used LTD. Like an MH-301. Don't expect the trem to be any good though. There's also some MH-201's that have those specs, but their tone woods and hardware is pretty bad. I think they have agathis bodies.

EDIT: http://cgi.ebay.com/ESP-LTD-MH-300-Guitar-/270785838781?pt=Guitar&hash=item3f0c17febd

I would definitely pick this up if I were you. This is a model from the "glory days" of LTD. The tonewood is really good for how much it costs. All you need to do is swap the pickups. Unfortunately the FR won't be that great, but it should treat you right if you treat it right, just as with any FR.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Last edited by Offworld92 at Jul 21, 2011,