Page 1 of 2
to whom it may concern:

i am currently watching "Capitalism:a love story" from Michael Moore. its pretty interesting i gotta say.
any favorite controversial documentaries? good directors?
this Michael Moore guy is kinda interesting. what does the Pit think about him?
If you do something right, no one will know you've done anything at all

Proud to be called Best Friends with Pastafarian96
he does raise some good points, but he isnt really that great.
Thor! Odin's son Protector of mankind Ride to meet your fate Your destiny awaits Thor! Hlödyn's son Protector of mankind Ride to meet your fate Ragnarök awaits

E-ARCH NEMESIS of girlgerms007
He is almost as one sided as Fox News.
Gear
Highway One Tele (w/Custom Shop 51 Nocaster pickups)
Standard Tele (modded to Nashville specs)
Reverend Roundhouse

Orange Rockerverb 50 MKI
Vox AC4c1
Jet City JCA20H

And pedals!

"Shiva opens her arms now..
...to make sure I don't get too far"
Quote by Sherlock_Bones
He's underrated

though like deathdrummer said i think he does raise some good points

yeah i got that impression. is there any political documentaries that dont hold a bias?

and to be clear i am not only interested in political documentaries but anything mildly interesting. boredom reigns in mundaneville

@gyroscope: director? link?

Last edited by Harvey Swick at Jul 21, 2011,
I guess they're not really controversial but they are worth watching.

Restrepo
Armadillo
Quote by barden1069

Difference being he's on the right side...

I highly recommend South of the Border, Oliver Stone's documentary about Hugo Chavez and other leaders of the left wing wave in Latin America. If you're interested in looking beyond American media's caricatures.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
the only truly non-biased documentary maker that I can think of is Louis Theroux.

Quote by ErikLensherr

Except that he's on the left side .
You who build these altars now

To sacrifice these children
You must not do it anymore
the only truly non-biased documentary maker that I can think of is Louis Theroux.

would you reccomend any of his work?

I highly recommend South of the Border, Oliver Stone's documentary about Hugo Chavez and other leaders of the left wing wave in Latin America. If you're interested in looking beyond American media's caricatures.

i certainly am.

The Zeitgeist films were an interesting watch, and if you want something similar to 'Capitalism' but less obviously biased try reading Naomi Klein's 'No Logo'
Quote by Harvey Swick
would you reccomend any of his work?

Yes. All of it.
You who build these altars now

To sacrifice these children
You must not do it anymore
Quote by ErikLensherr

An even bigger difference is the fact that he isn't a 24-hour cable news network claiming to be "fair and balanced".
Quote by Zeppelin71
Umm. . .uh. . .your mom touched sjones' dick. YOUR MOM TOUCHED OUR GUITARISTS GENITALS IN A CAMPER AT A BIKER FESTIVAL! truth.
Yea, anything by Louis Theroux. Some of the Panorama series by BBC are awesome. Their one on Scientology was both interesting and occassionally hilarious
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
This is another good one, The Revolution Will Not Be Televised, which has been uploaded to Youtube in its entirety and is also about Venezuela:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Id--ZFtjR5c

Basically, an Irish TV crew were filming a regular documentary about Hugo Chavez when a segment of the old money establishment, in collusion with a segment of the military and the major (privately owned) TV networks, launched a coup. And they caught it all on film, as well as the aftermath and the reaction of American leaders.

It will make you rage
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Louis Theroux is awesome. I don't know how he stays so polite when talking to some people.
PPPPPPPOSTFINDER
yeah im sure a documentary on Scientology would be hilarious, though i would love to learn more about this religion.
i think i am going to check out this Theroux dude. any one of his films in particular that i might enjoy or should i dive right in?

Louis Theroux is pretty awesome, doesn't take personal judgements on the people he documents, even the prisoners in the Miami jail he recently did a doc on. And they were jacking off onto the guards.

Michael Moore is an unsubtle, loud-mouthed idiot, who doesn't really understand what he's on about, and tends to be on the side of implying some kind of global capitalist conspiracy. Though he raises good points which I sometimes agree with, he's a dick.
Louis Theroux is ace, incredibly polite, non-aggressive, eloquent and pretty funny. Watch the one, I think it's called medicated kids, it's brilliant.
I've also watched some of the Derren Brown documentaries about psychics/mediums etc and theyre quite good.
Quote by boreamor
Ah very good point. Charlie__flynn, you've out smarted me

People
should
smile
more

crit4crit on 'acoustic 1 (with piano)' here

Rate my playing skills please.
Quote by Mazzakazza
Louis Theroux is pretty awesome, doesn't take personal judgements on the people he documents, even the prisoners in the Miami jail he recently did a doc on. And they were jacking off onto the guards.

Michael Moore is an unsubtle, loud-mouthed idiot, who doesn't really understand what he's on about, and tends to be on the side of implying some kind of global capitalist conspiracy. Though he raises good points which I sometimes agree with, he's a dick.

Not really, a conspiracy theorist goes after things he pulled outta thin air. Michael Moore goes after people that are right in front of us. Insurance companies, the Bush administration going to war on false reasoning, Wall Street banks ripping us off.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
'gaslands' made me rage.. but it wasn't too captivating... but there is a jam at the end that involves a banjo and a violin
“being in a room and sitting there with a ghost, hearing their voice in your head and seeing them as clearly as I'm seeing you right now.”
Adam Curtis makes incredible documentaries.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Quote by Ur all $h1t
Adam Curtis makes incredible documentaries.

any favorites?

Another great documentarian I forgot to mention is John Pilger. Watch The War You Don't See or one of his many others.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
Quote by barden1069

This, I watched him in an argument with Bill O' Reilly. They were a lot alike.

I recently watched Who killed the Electric Car, Idk if it's that controversial though
Catch the Dragon
Quote by hriday_hazarika
This thread is as terrible as music, which sucks balls.
Quote by Funky_Fresh91
This, I watched him in an argument with Bill O' Reilly. They were a lot alike.

I recently watched Who killed the Electric Car, Idk if it's that controversial though

link to convo with O'Reilly?
personally i am looking for ANY interesting documentaries but the controversial ones are quite fun. who directed "Who killed the Electric Car?"?

Another great documentarian I forgot to mention is John Pilger. Watch The War You Don't See or one of his many others.

i shall.

Watch Louis Theroux and the Nazis. Seriously, if I was him, I would have started laughing in their faces about 5 mins in, but he keeps a central stance on it.

EDIT: You can get some of his stuff on this site: http://video.uk.msn.com/watch/video/louis-and-the-nazis-series-01-episode-01/12gy0nq8m
Schecter Hellraiser Solo 6
Ibanez RGR321EX
Roland Microcube

RIP Dio _\m/

"There are times in your life when you have to ask yourself the question "What would Charlie Sheen do?""

Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.
Last edited by DegaDeth at Jul 21, 2011,
thanks for the link degadeth. i find your username hilarious because in my native language Dega means "uncle". also i am quite sad that you have never watched star wars......

This thread is going to keep me busy for approximately the next week straight. Thanks guys!
'And if this clock keeps beating down, let the branded time keep playing, of all the minutes that were taken away, will your watch be waiting.'
Quote by Slaughtered
This thread is going to keep me busy for approximately the next week straight. Thanks guys!

same here. appreciate it dudes.

any good documentaries on religious groups or alternative lifestyles that you guys would recommend? i would love to watch something on Mormons. i heard that they have some kind of relationship with Native Americans and i would like to learn more.

Quote by barden1069

Yeah, because CNN (or most other stations) obviously isn't disgustingly biased.
Quote by blue sky noise
Yeah, because CNN (or most other stations) obviously isn't disgustingly biased.

He didn't say they weren't.

OT: I'm watching The Revolution Will Not Be Televised right now.
Page 1 of 2