I was told by a very reliable source that i should take my new amp to a qualified and authorized amp tech as soon as you get it and have the output tubes correctly biased. Can anyone tell me the approximate price of biasing a new tube amp?
For less than the cost of one "professional" bias job, you can buy everything needed to do the job yourself.

As stated, most charge around $50
Ibanez RGR421EXFM, Michael Kelley Vex NV, Ovation Celebrity. Carvin V3
Peavey 412M w/Eminence Wizards & Swamp Thangs, Rocktron Hush Super C, Furman PL-8C,15 band EQ, Boosta grande, ISP Decimator, Dano EQ, Ibanez TBX 150,TC Elec Polytune
Quote by Vinson
For less than the cost of one "professional" bias job, you can buy everything needed to do the job yourself.

As stated, most charge around $50

Assuming you have the knowledge and ability to solder, not to mention the will to dig around in a piece of electronic equipment that can carry very deadly voltage even when turned off.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Most amps don't require soldering...many even have external bias adjustments so you don't even have to take the thing apart.

Soldering isn't rocket science. keep to the actual adjustments, and your quite safe.
Ibanez RGR421EXFM, Michael Kelley Vex NV, Ovation Celebrity. Carvin V3
Peavey 412M w/Eminence Wizards & Swamp Thangs, Rocktron Hush Super C, Furman PL-8C,15 band EQ, Boosta grande, ISP Decimator, Dano EQ, Ibanez TBX 150,TC Elec Polytune
http://www.ehow.com/how_6804869_adjust-bias-fender-deluxe-reverb.html

One American website had a video on how to bias a Deluxe Reverb. I can't remember which it is but that might be useful. Servicing your amp would be difficult but I think biasing is easy enough.
although i am generally a "do it yourself" kinda guy and i do have some experience since i restore old pinball machines i think i will let this to the pros. the world of tube amps is a scary confusing place. This is a big investment for me so i am not going to mess it up just yet. In years to come i am sure i will be inside the amp but until i learn more about how tube amps work and how to care for them i will just take it to my local fender tech and let him bias it.