Hi,

So I am really really looking to pick up a bass amp...all I have right now is my Pod HD500, which is perfectly fine...but I really want something where I can play without having headphones on.
Amp and cab I am looking at is the Orange Terror Bass 500W with the SP212 cab.

My question is this:
Am I completely out of my mind thinking I can get this playing at volumes acceptable for a small'ish apartment?
Acceptable meaning this: Can I play it at a volume where it sounds alright without pissing off all my neighbours?

I have no possibility of actually playing it to see how loud it actually is (I heard rather loud..), so I am buying it on a chance really.
If it is too loud, I'll probably just drop off the cab at my parents house so I can play it whenever I do go there so it'd not be a totally useless purchase.

Thanks all.

cliff notes:
Orange Tiny Bass 500 + isobaric SP212 cab = too loud for apartment levels?
Things with strings:
Ibanez J.Custom, Prestiges, RG8, SR5 bass etc
LP's, Strat, Tele
Noiseboxes:
ENGL Retro Tube 50
5150 III 50W
Orange Terror Bass
Well, it does have a master volume. If it's really a problem, just use headphones? That's what I tend to do.
In the bass chat:

<Jon> take the quote of me out your sig plx
<Jon> i hate seeing what i said around lol

Leader of the Bass Militia PM to join!

And now on BANDCAMP!

Officially the funniest member of the Bass Forum.
Yeah I guess, but I want to get around needing to use headphones if possible
Things with strings:
LP's, Strat, Tele
Noiseboxes:
ENGL Retro Tube 50
5150 III 50W
Orange Terror Bass
If I can get away with a Mesa Big Block 750 and a Ampeg 610 you can get away with a Bass Terror and a 212.

EDIT: Off topic, how does your Drop Tune pedal go with a bass? Always wanted to try it.
Basses:
Fender Precision Bass
Fender Jazz Bass
1967 Fender Coronado Bass II
Warwick Star Bass
Squier Precision Bass TB
Last edited by consecutive e at Jul 21, 2011,
Well....I did just click the order button...so a few days and I'll know I guess! Thanks for input.

Regarding drop tune...it doesn't go with bass at all. Just one semitone down and it sounds like complete garbage.
It is great for guitar though, I reckon I can do 1-1.5 steps down and it still being very acceptable (1 semitone down is great though). You lose a touch of gain but that can be compensated for.
Things with strings:
LP's, Strat, Tele
Noiseboxes:
ENGL Retro Tube 50
5150 III 50W
Orange Terror Bass
Balls. Oh well you just saved me having to spend a couple hundge to find out for myself, I didn't think it'd go too well. Thanks man. Be sure to make a NAD thread!
Basses:
Fender Precision Bass
Fender Jazz Bass
1967 Fender Coronado Bass II
Warwick Star Bass
Squier Precision Bass TB
No problem.
I'll definitely post a NAD thread as soon as I get my hands on the terror
Probably won't be 'til middle of next week though.
Things with strings:
LP's, Strat, Tele
Noiseboxes:
ENGL Retro Tube 50
5150 III 50W
Orange Terror Bass