When installing a Bigsby to an LP, is it better to put the b5 instead of the b7? I have straplocks on my guitar and I'd imagine that since the b7 mounts on the strapholder thing (don't know the English term) it would harm the functionality of the straplock. Which one would you recommend?

Also what is the difference between a b5 tremolo and a b50 one?
The B7 is what you want on a Les Paul. It's mounted under the straplock (unscrew the button, mount the Bigsby, screw the button back on through the mounting hole) so it wont' effect your straplock button. What you really ought to do is get a Vibramate so you don't have to drill your guitar.

The single-digit Bigsby models are the US made ones, the two-digit ones are made in China I believe.
Don't know which is better but I'd advise you to get a roller bridge in the process. I had a B5 that I installed on a Tele and the bridge was crap. I have a Bigsby on my Gretsch and am looking at getting a roller bridge for it because the stock bridge affects it staying tune quite a bit.
+1 on the roller bridge. It adds a lot to the usability and stability of the Bigsby. Wilkinson makes a decent one that locks to the studs, which is useful since it's going to get tugged around a bit. Another alternative is a bridge with graphtec saddles, they're slippery enough to work well with a Bigsby.

Here's the Wilkinson:
http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Bridges,_tailpieces/Electric_guitar,_Tune-o-matic_bridges/Locking_Roller_Bridge.html?actn=100101&xst=3&xsr=134
Quote by Roc8995
The B7 is what you want on a Les Paul. It's mounted under the straplock (unscrew the button, mount the Bigsby, screw the button back on through the mounting hole) so it wont' effect your straplock button. What you really ought to do is get a Vibramate so you don't have to drill your guitar.

The single-digit Bigsby models are the US made ones, the two-digit ones are made in China I believe.

+1 on the vibramate. Awesome if you want a bigsby.
2012 Gibson Les Paul Custom Classic
2001 Schecter C-1 Classic
2007 Yamaha APX500
Vox AC15CC1 w/ Eminence Tonkerlite
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!