Hey! Here is something I recorded today: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGVTWAQpSAY

Please leave a comment on it with your opinion! I try to be original so please tell me if this is taken!

Also I don't hope I sound to much like "As I Slither" by KATAKLYSM or KATAKLYSM in general. There is a link in the description to a KATAKLYSM song so you can compare it!

Thanks!
Well I don't really listen to Kataklysm so I won't comment on that, but I agree you do have some good ideas! You could totally put a song together with those riffs, and I'm sure you have a few more stored away that might fit nicely? The very first riff was a little boring to me, but everything else was pretty cool. The first riff might be more interesting with something else played over it, like a solo or a nice melody.
This feels a little slow to me. The drums could stand to be a bit more energetic, I think. The first riff is kind of boring, but the melody that comes in at 0:42 is a nice change and could be interesting if expanded upon. That main riff just feels too much like something that you'd have a lead or a melody over top. On it's own, it's kind of dull.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1463293
Thanks for your opinions guys!

And yes I see how the first riff sounds kind of dull, but if I was to record it professionally I would add vocals over it, and maybe some lead stuff! And I also have a plan in my mind for a drum change at 0:42 :P Maybe I'll find an keyboard player too
Quote by carlos_almighty
You just wanna try it? My philosophy is, "If it makes you curious, try it at least once."

Also: "Time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted!"
It's got some good groove man. I was nodding my head around whilst listening to it which is always a good sign.

I liked the solo/lead line at around 26 seconds. Brings in a really nice melodic feel to the song, helps it move along.

Just keep working on it and update us when you are done.

C4C?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=27721373#post27721373
Ibanez RG770DX Reissue

Ibanez Apex 2

Ibanez S520EX w/ EMGs

Marshall DSL100 Halfstack

NEWCASTLE UNITED!
I have a new riff out on my channel so you are welcome to crit that too!
Quote by carlos_almighty
You just wanna try it? My philosophy is, "If it makes you curious, try it at least once."

First and foremost it is not tight enough.

Metal, especially death metal, is about rhythm. Since you're going for the 10-ton sledgehammer type of sound you really need to focus on the drums more.

You've got a good start, though!
"Virtually no one who is taught Relativity continues to read the Bible."

Quote by Bubonic Chronic
First and foremost it is not tight enough.

Metal, especially death metal, is about rhythm. Since you're going for the 10-ton sledgehammer type of sound you really need to focus on the drums more.

You've got a good start, though!

Yeah, I have thought about how I want the drums, but I'll have to wait, cuz I can't program drums O.o

anyway thanks for your opinion man!
Quote by carlos_almighty