Okay so I have a song with a gradual speed up partway through...goes from 124bpm to 150bpm over the course of 16 measures. I know how to change the click track speed, no problem there. But I have an audio sample that I need to gradually speed up with everything else....how can I change the speed of the sample? As far as I can tell, the time compression expansion tool only changes the entire region from one tempo to the next, but I need it to gradually change....help?
dude i really don't think you can do that with an audio sample.

did you try opening up the click track track?

good luck my friend...
"Hey kid. You wanna cigarette?"

"No thanks! I/m already hooked on Fonicks!"

Not sure the best way off the top of my head.

Perhaps there's a plugin that will adjust the speed? If there is, you can automate it.

Other wise you can cut the sample on every beat, preferable on a kick or snare, and adjust the time every beat. It wont be perfect, but off the top of my head these are the best two idea's I've got.
The only effect I've got to change the speed is the time compression expander, but that isn't a plugin so I can't automate it...its part of the pro tools "audio suite" thingy.
I'll give cutting samples a shot...
Quote by sandyman323

Other wise you can cut the sample on every beat, preferable on a kick or snare, and adjust the time every beat. It wont be perfect, but off the top of my head these are the best two idea's I've got.

I went with this method and its working pretty well actually. In case your ever in this situation, what you've gotta do is chop all of the samples up into 1 beat units (or lower if you want) Then, you highlight how long you WANT it to be, look at the number of samples, memorize it, then click on the soon to be changed audio, use time compression expansion, and enter the destination samples as whatever number you just memorized
You could get a demo of Waves' plugin Sound Shifter and automate the sample. Another idea that that may work would to use something like NI Maschine's pitch/tempo shift option to speed up the sample. This would obviously mean that you had to have to hardware. The best bet would probably be to do the Waves plugin...but you probably need an iLok in case you don't have one.
I'm going to assume that everyone that has responded knows anything about Pro Tools since nobody wants to spend money on it.

Anyways, look up how to use Elastic Audio on PT. Its built in and does what your talking about
Derpy Derp Derp Herp Derp
Quote by lockwolf
I'm going to assume that everyone that has responded knows anything about Pro Tools since nobody wants to spend money on it.

Anyways, look up how to use Elastic Audio on PT. Its built in and does what your talking about

This x100000000
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.
Click and hold the trimmer tool at the top theres a button called TCE you can use to change the length of anything without changing the pitch.
Easy to do in Cubase....

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.