Page 1 of 2
Weird question xD but yeah.

Sometimes when I look in a mirror on random occasions (to see if I was bleeding, or something like that, so I'm not just talking normal every day occasions as they are just normal to me) it can be a bit freaky at times, especially at night. Why is that?

It seems the closer you get to the mirror, the stranger it feels... especially if you are looking in to your own eyes.
This will start a RIOT! in me
^ I don't sleep with lights on either. Get you

EDIT: I'm seeing posts...
I'm sure I've seen something before that said if you look at your reflection in a dimly lit room, your face gets distorted and frightens the crap out of you.

I have before walked past a mirror and swore I saw someone else looking back at me, which scared me shitless. That thing explains it though, so at least I know I'm not going to die

EDIT: Was from the nightmare inducement thread, http://mindhacks.com/2010/09/18/the-strange-face-in-the-mirror-illusion/
Last edited by Bonorly at Jul 21, 2011,
Quote by Paramore.
^ I don't sleep with lights on either. Get you

EDIT: I'm seeing posts...

Nah I'm just a cunt
Quote by Bonorly
I'm sure I've seen something before that said if you look at your reflection in a dimly lit room, your face gets distorted and frightens the crap out of you.

I have before walked past a mirror and swore I saw someone else looking back at me, which scared me shitless. That thing explains it though, so at least I know I'm not going to die

Hah, yeah. Well, I've done it with people in that way before. When bored and messing about, I've done this and the other persons face starts to change. I have seen weird things like skulls, werewolfs etc. xD

EDIT: I don't mean in a mirror, I mean physically looking at somebodys face.
Only one time, I think. I was reading this thing posted in the nightmare thread about how if you stare into a mirror in a dimly lit room long enough... your reflection will distort into images of dead family members. So I was like, fuck, I'ma try that.

But I chickened out before I saw anything. >_>
Sometimes when I'm having a bad day I will not be able to look into a mirror at all because I would despise what I saw. It sometimes really freaks me out how strong the feeling is. It's as if it were another person.
🙈 🙉 🙊
Yea, this is weird.... When I was like 4 (perfect scar-for-life age), i had a dream that satan was trying to kill me and i was running through this old abandoned building. At some point I was hiding in an old dirty bathroom (those kind u see on scary movies where everything is white tiles with rust stains everywhere) and i was curled up behind the sink away from the door. Then I hear footsteps. i turned and looked in the mirror and satan was standing right in the mirror staring at me. i turned around and he wasnt behind me. he was literally IN the mirror! i couldnt look at my reflection for like almost a year because I thought satan could see me through it...

Glad i got that off my chest...

Take no prisoners. you cant afford to feed that many.
Wait..are you asking if I'm ugly?
Quote by fearofthemark
at your avatar

Quote by due 07
Your avatar had me in stitches for a good two minutes.
my reflection often scares the shit out of me. like I will think im home alone and be walking down the hall and see my reflection move in the corner of my eye and think that someone has broken in.
"When losers say it's over with you know that it's a lie
The gods made heavy metal and it's never gonna die"
I can't look at myself in the mirror for too long. It always freaks me out.
Sail upon the open skies
I always imagine something running at the back of the room in the mirror...like quickly darting across the field of vision.
Quote by ilikepirates
Yeah, I bloody hate looking in the mirror when it is dark. Freaks the hell out of me.

This
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
No it's just a mirror. I don't see how it could freak anyone out.

You guys must all just be crazy.
Quote by UntilISleep
You have excellent taste in literature, dear sir

Quote by Primus2112
You have excellent taste in video games, good sir.

Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
You have terrible taste in signatures, idiotic sir.

kkoo
Everytime I look into a mirror I think "Who's that sexy devil i'm starring at?"
Quote by WaterGod
Everytime I look into a mirror I think "Who's that sexy devil i'm starring at?"

It's me. I'm in your mirror.
Quote by UntilISleep
You have excellent taste in literature, dear sir

Quote by Primus2112
You have excellent taste in video games, good sir.

Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
You have terrible taste in signatures, idiotic sir.

kkoo
When I'm a bit paranoid after having a nightmare, I don't really want to look in the mirror when I enter the bathroom. Somehow I always expect to see something else pop up behind my lovely face.
yeah, i feel the person inside the mirror is not me.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
I write poetry
And it sucks.
Quote by Bonorly

EDIT: Was from the nightmare inducement thread, http://mindhacks.com/2010/09/18/the-strange-face-in-the-mirror-illusion/

After reading all of the comments in that link, you seriously just made me develop a phobia of mirrors. I just went into my bathroom to brush my hair and noticed I walked very slowly in front of the mirror, not actually wanting to look like I normally do. And then I gave in and stared at my face for about 5 seconds before feeling uncomfortable and leaving.

EDIT: Just did it again. After about 20 seconds my eyes in the reflection went blurry. Figured I was just starting to go cross eyed. But then boom, in a matter of two seconds blackness spread from my eyes across my entire entire face. Not doing that again.
Last edited by Macabre_Turtle at Jul 21, 2011,
Quote by Vendetta V
it's Ring. there's also Ring 2... actualyl when i saw FEAR frist time i was like is this bitch from Ring? :P

Thank you, now a day of finding those movies and a night of (hopeful) pants soiling terror is in order!
When I'm in a restaurant and there is a mirror wall. It always ****s me up when I realize it's a miorror and not an expansion of the room. My whole conception of my environment just changes in less than a second and it freaks me out everytime. I know I'm weird.
Not really freaked out, but when I first shaved, I would laugh a bit at how funny I looked like every time I went past a mirror.
Good old Pete. Isn't he too old to masturbate? - Pete Townshend
Don't mind your make-up, you better make your mind up. - Frank Zappa
Reminds me of this (skip to 2:49) of Beyond Belief: Fact of Fiction (who else loved that show?). For those who don't want to click, basically it's a reenactment of an apparently true story where a woman repeatedly sees a monster-esque woman in one of her hallway mirrors. One night, someone breaks into her house and the burglar grapples her in the hallway near the mirror. The burglar then looks into the mirror in the process, sees the monstrous figure, gets frightened, and runs out of the house.
Quote by laid-to-waste
yeah. this one time, i was standing next to blake...

I like you.
Quote by Athabasca
My ex did the same. Cheated on me and then acted like I'd given her sister a facial. Women are retarded.
Quote by Bonorly

I've heard this lots of times before and the idea freaks me out. I'll try it one day when I grow the balls

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
Page 1 of 2