Okay bit of a noob question. Basically i know Boss has its built in pre amp model but I always thought i should just basically turn it off and use my own amp (Roland Cube 80w)

Just wondering whether you would recommend using the Actual Pre amp function or using my own amp and sticking to the effects, Thanks
Hmmm. Well you'll just have to try it and see if your amp sounds better or if the pre amps sound better. Do you have it?
Guitars: Fender FSR Standard Strat, Squire Affinity Strat, Epiphone Nighthawk
Amps: Vox AC15C1, Roland Cube 15x, Peavey KB-1
Pedals: Digitech RP355, HD500, Joyo AC-Tone, EHX Soul Food
Quote by GS LEAD 5
The Cube and the ME have the same preamp system, Boss's COSM on both.

Yeah, but the me70's models might sound better or the amps models might sound better, even though they're both COSM.
Can you turn off the pre amp on your amp? If not, turn off the one on the me70. Too much pre amp is always too much
98% of teens have been around or have had alcohol. Put this in your sig if you like bagels.
Both are COSM, but they may sound different. I usually just use the amp's preamp because the gain control on the preamp always messes up my tone. It's really just personal preference, you may find tones that you like through both preamps. Try both out, see what you like.
Yeah, you'll just have to try it out and see what sounds better.