Poll: Generally speaking....
Poll Options
View poll results: Generally speaking....
I'm a guy: It's easier for women to get a boyfriend
136 83%
I'm a guy: It's easier for men to get a girlfriend
5 3%
I'm a girl: It's easier for women to get a boyfriend
6 4%
I'm a girl: It's easier for men to get a girlfriend
1 1%
Other
15 9%
Voters: 163.
Page 1 of 2
Alrighy, I've asked this question to people I know lately, and have found interesting but very predictable responses. So this is the topic:

Do you think it's easier for a man to get a girlfriend, or a woman to get a boyfriend?

It all started when my sister broke-up with her boyfriend of 5 years, and she said to me "It's so much easier for a man to get a girlfriend than vice versa" and I was like "Um...no, that isn't true in the slightest."

So from having this conversation with people, these are some of the responses I've gotten.

My brother: "Well, yeah, it's just a known fact it's easier for a woman to get a boyfriend."

My friend (guy): "The only answer that makes any sense is that it's easier for women."

My friend (girl): "It's easier for men, as women will give in if you pursue them long enough. Men won't if a woman keeps pursuing them."

I've asked others, and basically every single woman says it's easier for men, and every single man says it's easier for women.

So Pit, what do you think, and why?
Last edited by The Madcap at Jul 21, 2011,
I don't have enough experience being a girl to accurately answer this question.
I can say this, if a girl for some reason decides to be the pursuer and she isn't completely ugly, most men will give in making it easier for her.

But how often do you see girls chasing guys who aren't celebrities?
Quote by metaldud536
I can say this, if a girl for some reason decides to be the pursuer and she isn't completely ugly, most men will give in making it easier for her.

/thread
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
Your post was the only bright spot in this disgusting piece of thread.

Quote by lexanirider78
You have balls. I like balls....(awkward silence)

Quote by SeveralSpecies
I waited for the rape.

...but the rape never came
It's no different, people just say it's easier for the other gender 'cuz they're whiny bitches who want to blame all their personal hardships on some made up thing that's beyond their control.
I'd say it's equal. It's hard for everyone as most people are looking for the wrong person.

Don't let your boat be empty, don't be a sunken dream
Don't let the boat regret thee, for what you could have seen

I think it's easier for a woman to find a guy. But it's a lot easier for a guy to find a girl and be happy with her.

Women. No pleasing them.
Chicks just have to show boobs. Guys have to care
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Quote by SeveralSpecies
I think it's easier for a woman to find a guy. But it's a lot easier for a guy to find a girl and be happy with her.

Women. No pleasing them.

Thanks for that response, i'm not well and that made me giggle

Regardless of what the other chumps will say, it's always easier for a girl to get a guy. Because a guy will say yes to anything, regardless of the situation. Especially desperate guys.
You Dont Know Me

I have 10 Anarchy Points - I also have 8 Mythology points!

Peavey Generation EXP Custom White
Yamaha 120S Black
Korg AX5G
Digitech Whammy
Zvex Fuzz Factory
Boss OS2

Quote by mrfinkle213
This man has brains.

Quote by CoreysMonster
Banned for indirect reference.
Quote by due 07
I don't have enough experience being a girl to accurately answer this question.

This is a surprise.
The lake was silent for some time. Finally it said:
"I weep for Narcissus, but I never noticed that Narcissus was beautiful. I weep because, each time he knelt beside my banks, I could see, in the depths of his eyes, my own beauty reflected."
Quote by Anthony1991
Thanks for that response, i'm not well and that made me giggle

Regardless of what the other chumps will say, it's always easier for a girl to get a guy. Because a guy will say yes to anything, regardless of the situation. Especially desperate guys.

Thanks for THAT response. I was doing ok then you reminded me that I'M one of those "desperate guys."

Quote by SeveralSpecies
Thanks for THAT response. I was doing ok then you reminded me that I'M one of those "desperate guys."

Lol well i mean it just means it proves my point. A girl can ask a guy out and get pretty much a yes almost instantly if she's even moderate in every way.

It does not work the same way for guys, fact.

And
You Dont Know Me

Yamaha 120S Black
Korg AX5G
Digitech Whammy
Zvex Fuzz Factory
Boss OS2

Quote by mrfinkle213
This man has brains.

Quote by CoreysMonster
Quote by metaldud536

Are you kidding?
Quote by Sonicxlover
Kensai, I think I'll get a flamboyant sig.

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Parker Nitefly Mojo sonnn
Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
It's easier for the females.
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
i think it's easiest for teh hawt chix to get other hawt chix.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Easier for a girl to get a guy.
But that doesn't mean the guy is worth being in a relationship with.
Quote by RU Experienced?
Now with 20 percent more Allah!!!

Quote by Borsworth
^^^

Quote by GoldenRose94

that'd be slightly creepy if i didn't find it so amusing.
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
It's easier for the females.

It was only a matter of time before this became the hugging thread

You Dont Know Me

Yamaha 120S Black
Korg AX5G
Digitech Whammy
Zvex Fuzz Factory
Boss OS2

Quote by mrfinkle213
This man has brains.

Quote by CoreysMonster
Easier if you're a woman- and good looking

Easier if you're a guy- and got balls
No girls. :>
Quote by YouTube user
Hey it's Alek from Chillin in Bodom and ears a lick for bitch who can't play dicks.

I don't think one really has an advantage over the other.
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
Without putting my own personal feeling in this, it's generally easier for women to get boyfriends even if they have a rubbish personality. However I think it's easier for under average looking guys to get girlfriends easier than it is for unde average girls to get boyfriends.

If I did this subjectively I'd probably say it's easier for guys haha!
It's seems y'all are missing some feminine input here, so I'll help.

For starters, you have to consider who's doing "the getting."
Women who aggressively pursue guys only chase the decent ones away. And don't even get me started on players.

If anyone should be doing the getting, it should be men I suppose.
Also, if the dude looks like Jake Gyllenhaal, or the chick looks like Jennifer Lopez, then they're not gonna have a problem - getting shallow losers that is.
First thing, some people are talking about a girl getting a specific boyfriend or visa versa, which I can't comment on. In terms of getting anyone in general, must be easier for girls?

One related thing- a lot of girls could go to a club/party/bar and end up with a shag/gettingoff/date any day of the week , but for a guy to do it always seems like somewhat of an achievement.

EDIT: actually this is a good point
Quote by Tentonics
Without putting my own personal feeling in this, it's generally easier for women to get boyfriends even if they have a rubbish personality. However I think it's easier for under average looking guys to get girlfriends easier than it is for unde average girls to get boyfriends.

Quote by Fucking loads of people who were appeasing me in order for me to write
blues_to_thrash, you are the master of epic lulz

My Music

2K11
Last edited by blues_to_thrash at Jul 21, 2011,
Cos we can manage on pure swagga haha

That or get ripped in the gym.

EDIT:@lielalauren
Quote by Fucking loads of people who were appeasing me in order for me to write
blues_to_thrash, you are the master of epic lulz

My Music

2K11
Ugly girls can still get boyfriends much easier than men.

If you are an ugly, boring, unconfident male -- you are screwed.
If you are an ugly, boring, unconfident female -- you can still get screwed.
The lake was silent for some time. Finally it said:
"I weep for Narcissus, but I never noticed that Narcissus was beautiful. I weep because, each time he knelt beside my banks, I could see, in the depths of his eyes, my own beauty reflected."
Any girl that says it's harder for women must be one of those stupid "lol work for me Imma play hard to get" types.
Check out my band Disturbed
yo sista iz karrrazy.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
A guy has to be quite proactive to have any sort of chance, whereas women will likely be approached whether they want to be or not. My perception (and maybe I'm in error) is that it's generally easier for a woman to get a guy.

My parents together have a half-dozen siblings, so I have quite a few cousins. Among them, most of the males are hopelessly single and most of the females are taken/engaged.
Last edited by Dodeka at Jul 21, 2011,
Page 1 of 2