So for my summer job I've been working at a golf course, mowing, weeding, all that kind of stuff. This week is my last week because on Monday my cross country practices start. Besides a family vacation I had to go on, I haven't taken any days off through the whole summer. I'm thinking just to say screw it and tell my supervisor that I'm taking tomorrow off. Would this be a dick move or anything since it's my last day? Or would it be ok? Note that we probably wouldn't be doing much anyway since it's Friday, and also they already have my replacement working there.
You would be a dick if you do that

edit:

ASK Your boss whether he's okay with that, don't just go rambo on him
Ride by in the morning on a bicycle with a ghetto blaster playing "Killing in the Name Of"

He will get the point.
Quote by Yakult
Shooting mice is the equivalent to smoking weed: it's fun and seemingly harmless, but before you know it, you're shooting smack into every vein and murdering children left right and center.

GeEbZ.
Quote by Zeletros
You would be a dick if you do that

edit:

ASK Your boss whether he's okay with that, don't just go rambo on him

Well, of course I would notify him that I wouldn't be there.

And what if I came up with a completely valid excuse? Like "I have to take my dog to the vet" (which I actually have to do tomorrow)
Well as long as you tell him then he shouldn't mind. Unless HE'S the dick and always wants everyone to work. And if he says no, get your lawnmower and mow a giant "SCREW YOU FRANK!" or whoever your boss is.
Dude...

We both work on a golf course in turf care.

That is all I wanted to say.
You are now using UG Black.
You are now using UG Classic.

Listening to: Esperanza Spalding, Vulfpeck, Caravan Palace

It is I, the mighty shitkicker, as prophesied by JustRooster. Obey me.
Quote by Skullivan
Well as long as you tell him then he shouldn't mind. Unless HE'S the dick and always wants everyone to work. And if he says no, get your lawnmower and mow a giant "SCREW YOU FRANK!" or whoever your boss is.

That's the thing, sometimes he's a dick, but sometimes he's laid back. Like the other kid that I work with there sometimes sleeps in like a half an hour or something and Dan (the boss) doesn't really make a big deal about it but I feel like he doesn't like me as much as the other kid because the work he does is better quality than mine so I don't know what he would do.
Just work it. They're more likely to take you on again or give you a decent reference if you do.
Populus vult decipi. Decipiatur.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It's can be a contraction and genitive case.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...
Quote by Wolfinator-x
Dude...

lol nice

It sucks doesn't? I'm not a big fan of manual labor, I don't know what I got myself into this summer... I think I was hoping I was going to get to work in the pro shop lol
Always a good idea to remain on good terms with an employer. You may want/need that job back someday, or be asked for a reference...
Quote by Geebz
Ride by in the morning on a bicycle with a ghetto blaster playing "Killing in the Name Of"

He will get the point.

This. But with the last minute on repeat.
Ball Custom Mark I

Korg Pitchblack > Dunlop Crybaby wah > mODDball audio Green Bastard > Marshall GV2 Guv'nor Plus > EHX Holy Stain > MXR Phase 90 > MXR Carbon Copy

Jet City JCA20h
Epiphone Valve Jr.
Blackstar HTV212
Quote by ItsOnlyGNR
But I hate that place

should've just lifeguarded like my parents told me to...

Good thing you didn't. Other wise eric fail might've pushed over your lifeguard chair.
Sail upon the open skies
Last edited by angusfan16 at Jul 21, 2011,
Quote by Wolfinator-x
Dude...

Make that three of us

to OP: You should probably show up for work, so you can get paid and remain on good terms with your boss for next year if you decide to go back or if you need a reference in the future.
Castles made of sand
Fall to the sea
Eventually
Last edited by toby3p0 at Jul 21, 2011,
Quote by angusfan16
Good thing you didn't. Other wise eric fail might've pushed over your lifeguard chair.

and he would've had a couple of angry ostriches waiting at the bottom of the chair too.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by ItsOnlyGNR
It sucks doesn't? I'm not a big fan of manual labor, I don't know what I got myself into this summer... I think I was hoping I was going to get to work in the pro shop lol
I just wanted to be outside more, seeing as I rarely am otherwise... but it's tough as hell even though I'm only part-time. On every second weekend I have to get in at 5:00 AM (that is, fifty minutes after I wake up).

Also, three-way to us three golfcourseturfcareworkerguys.

Quote by Wolfinator-x
I just wanted to be outside more, seeing as I rarely am otherwise... but it's tough as hell even though I'm only part-time. On every second weekend I have to get in at 5:00 AM (that is, fifty minutes after I wake up).

Also, three-way to us three golfcourseturfcareworkerguys.

I have to get up at 5 every day lol. Usually we work until at least 1 but this week he's been letting us get off at 12 since it's been so hot

EDIT: Oh wait, you said you have to get IN at 5, that is just horrible lol
Yeah, on normal days I get up at five as well, and on Wednesdays (the longest work days) we finish at 3 PM -_-

OT: You could take tomorrow off. I wouldn't see any problem with that, even if it wasn't your last day. ONE worker missing ONE day isn't the end of the world for your boss(es).

Mind you, maybe your boss is a bull nutsack and he'll be a dick about it, so go with what feels the most convenient.

Last edited by Wolfinator-x at Jul 21, 2011,
Quote by Wolfinator-x
Yeah, on normal days I get up at five as well, and on Wednesdays (the longest work days) we finish at 3 PM -_-

I know how that feels, the week before the big tournament we have there I worked AT LEAST from 5-3 every day... And the first couple days I had to weed around every single tree on the course... It was awful lol I ended up working 48 hours in 5 days though lol
Jesus, man.

The worst job is having to pass the edger around sandtraps... that shit hurts!!! I have red spots all over my arms because of the sand debris that flies onto them at high velocity. Weeding isn't THAT bad, at least, in comparison.

Quote by Wolfinator-x
Jesus, man.

The worst job is having to pass the edger around sandtraps... that shit hurts!!! I have red spots all over my arms because of the sand debris that flies onto them at high velocity. Weeding isn't THAT bad, at least, in comparison.

When I say weeding I meant using an edger... But anytime I used it I would wear a sweatshirt and pants so it wouldn't hurt so bad lol. I hate sand traps period... My main job there was to take the sand rake tractor thing and shovel up all the dirt and then rake it, that wasn't too bad I could the course done in about 4 hours, but then they made me start doing it a certain way where you take an actual rake and rake the outsides of the sand trap all the way around, doing that took like 20 minutes for each sand trap it was awful.
Dude, that's pretty much exactly what I do o_O

Every morning.

But yeah, by weeding I mean to "de-weed" the traps.

Last edited by Wolfinator-x at Jul 21, 2011,
Quote by Skullivan

No one else got the reference, I gotcha though
you're a stone fox
No. No. No.
Last thing you want to do is risk burning bridges with said job. You might need it later on.
We are the diamonds that choose to stay coal;
A generation born to witness
The end of the world

Quote by Saint78
No one else got the reference, I gotcha though

What is it from? I kinda just came up with it, but it may have been in my recessed memory.
only take off if:

-you never want to work for them again
-you dont want a job reference to help you get future jobs.

just work it, its one day lazy ass.
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
-Modest Mouse, "Novocaine Stain"
Quote by Geebz

He will get the point.

Quote by ma_tt11
This. But with the last minute on repeat.

This. But also leave ghetto blaster outside his office door.
<*ELECTRO*>
XXXXX
XXXXX

Alright get a pair of aviators. Buy a collar shirt and put that thing up as high as it goes.
THink of nothing but this song
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UODX_pYpVxk
Swag dance your way through the day.
When you leave. DO your best Mr. Jefforson walk out of the building.
Stop.
Raise one hand like black power with your head down.
Then
Rais the other hand with the middle finger.
Walk to car
??????
2 weeks later profit.
Quote by mrfinkle213
No. No. No.
Last thing you want to do is risk burning bridges with said job. You might need it later on.

Screw this guy. Go with the RATM plan. Any plan that involves rage against the machine and a ghetto blaster can't possibly go wrong.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Theory is descriptive, not prescriptive.

Quote by MiKe Hendryckz
theory states 1+1=2 sometimes in music 1+1=3.