I just finished this short action piece. I was listening to a lot of Hans Zimmer when I wrote this so you can probably hear some of his style in there haha. I would love to hear any criticism!

The piece is on my profile
C4C
Check out my music on my profile
Last edited by chad120 at Jul 21, 2011,
Thanks for the reply! I use reaper as my DAW and I have an m-audio keystation 88es to record all the midi with. For the orchestral instruments VSTi I use EWQL Symphonic Orchestra Gold and Colossus. I also use colossus for all the percussion
Wow.. Flawless. I gotta give this stuff a go. Ive always wanted to get orchestral things in my music as it gives SO MUCH EMOTION. I could imagine this in a Holywood action trailer or something.... superb!
oh man Im really digging this piece, I'm defiantly going to have to check out those vsts. Is it hard to get that sound in the end with them? The choir sounds fantastic
Thanks for all of the replies!
Quote by celitus
oh man Im really digging this piece, I'm defiantly going to have to check out those vsts. Is it hard to get that sound in the end with them? The choir sounds fantastic

It definitely takes some time to learn but once you are familiar with them; they're pretty easy to work with. I forgot to mention earlier that the choirs are actually from Tonehammer's Requiem Lite.
Cool, yeah inception-tastic. This is pretty well produced man I am super impressed. I WANT A KEYBOARD! lol yeah, no crit to give, it was inspired for sure but I'm listening to you originals now and you have the skills so it's cool you had fun paying homage.

Really impressed man. Good job.
Wow, i honestly can't think of any criticism to give for this. It's amazing. I would genuinely have thought it was ripped straight from a trailer for a hollywood action film if someone just showed me this without saying anything. Nice job

Your other pieces are brilliant too!
Its fantastic, could easily be in a movie and Id think its by a legit composer. I dont know much about orchestral pieces, but this one sounds pretty sick to me. Great work. Honestly send this in to someone and start making music professionally, to the average person (me) this sounds legit, could definitely be used in a trailer.

awesome stuff man.

c4c please: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1462564
Sounds pretty epic, sounds like it would be in a action movie for sure, great quality, great production...very surprised. I don't know what to crit on...it sounded perfect.

C4C? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=27727619#post27727619
What can I say? This is pretty ****ing awesome. I swear I've heard it in a movie somewhere. How did you record this?

The only "flaw" I can think of (if you can call it a flaw) is that the drums sound a bit tinny. They're just not as epic sounding as the rest of the track. Needs more bass.

Thanks for the crit, I hope this helps.