When I started playing guitar, I focused more on metal music, not rock.

Because of that, I can now play pretty much fast up and down the fretboard, can pick very fast without any trouble, slowly learning to sweep pick, got good finger strength with bending and all, can tap as well.

Generally, if I'd want to learn a metal solo, it would take me not really much time, as I'm pretty familiar with it, but some time ago I started going a bit into rock and I have some trouble with some more "rockish" techniques,

For example the solo in "Sweet child of mine" the part with very fast bends is really troubling for me, for I did not encounter such in metal.

So, how would I become better at such?

The fast part in stairway to heaven is also quite troubling to me.

I understand that the key is practice, but what exactly do I practice, I find it quite hard to find a comfortable way to play that
bluesy pentatonic scale stuff, work with backing tracks
"The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, stratagems, and spoils. The motions of his spirit are dull as night, and his affections dark as Erebus. Let no such man be trusted."
Learn some iron maiden solos. They contain a lot of bluesy and rock style licks but played fast
Quote by Swannie
bluesy pentatonic scale stuff, work with backing tracks

How will that help?

I want to get an idea of playing rock techniques fast?

Quote by mrbabo91
Learn some iron maiden solos. They contain a lot of bluesy and rock style licks but played fast

That's the problem, I need something slower..
Rock is derivative of blues, so a lot of rock solos are based on Pentatonics. Especially Guns N Roses, and Stairway. The more you look, the more pentatonics you'll see in Rock. If you start practicing playing whilst focusing on Pentatonics, you'll start getting the hang of rock solos
Rotten Playground
Listen to me and Jameh muck about on a podcast
as if you have anything better to do.

Quote by Reverend_Taco
Grass stains on my dicks

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Pfft. Gay? Nah, gay is the manliest sex that exists.
Quote by HeretiK538
Rock is derivative of blues, so a lot of rock solos are based on Pentatonics. Especially Guns N Roses, and Stairway. The more you look, the more pentatonics you'll see in Rock. If you start practicing playing whilst focusing on Pentatonics, you'll start getting the hang of rock solos

I know that, but I'm not talking about how to write them or anything, I mean how to physically hit the usually given notes, and bend fast and all
If you're having trouble with fast stuff, then slow it down and work on it incrementally. There's really not that much difference between Rock and Metal guitar works. Phrasing and composition are different, but a technical background in Metal will pretty much cover Rock songs.
Nothing that is worthwhile in life will ever come easy.
write your own licks that incorporate bends and practice it until it becomes easy. once it becomes easy change the lick or up the speed
^ they aren't helping cause maybe they learned hard rock first? Anyways, I learned metal first and Found the rhythm to be easy but solos to be hard as well. I love bends but double stop bends, constant bending the same note... It was all new.

I recommend the 21 day challenge, you can get your hands used to it really slow and then when you try the solo after a week or two it won't feel awkward or anything and is much easier to build up your speed when your comfy (us metal heads had to do this with alt picking arpeggios for years, so we forget stuff was uncomfortable at one time, that's what happens to me anyways)