Hallo UG
So I decided to make a full cover of Iridescent by Linkin Park.
Tell me what you think about the music? I know I stayed close to the original.
The video is just something fun for entertainment purposes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFHUTnmlRhc&

C4C (if you comment on YouTube, let me know here so I can get to your song)
Thanks, hope you enjoy!
Thanks for commenting on my vid.

This is amazing, seriously. The video quality and editing is great, the sound quality is great. I haven't heard this song, but this is flawless. Really good voice, I've got a feeling you're going to get plenty of views and subscribers in the future.
#ENTITLED
WENGER OUT!!!

lastfm
Wow! At first I thought it was the actual band lol, I don't really know what they look like, the video is just such great quality! I really appreciate your feedback on my piece, I like the cello suggestion, I might play around with some stuff on powertab to explore that Anyway, is that you playing all the instruments? If so great job, very good playing, crystal clear all around.
Quote by wandering_taco
Wow! At first I thought it was the actual band lol, I don't really know what they look like, the video is just such great quality! I really appreciate your feedback on my piece, I like the cello suggestion, I might play around with some stuff on powertab to explore that Anyway, is that you playing all the instruments? If so great job, very good playing, crystal clear all around.

Thanks for the kind reply
I am only playing the bass and the guitar (and vocals of course).
I recorded the drums with Superior drummer.
Once again, I very much appreciate your feedback.
Hey thanks for comments on my stuff!

Really class video dude... I thought it was the actual real video released for the movie too.. Solid cover though, I really can't fault it in any way whatsoever.. Everything was spot on and I really liked it.

Keep it up
thanks for the comment, is was really sweet of you <3
this is an amazing cover (: , i love your voice (i wish i can play guitar like u play) , and the piano player is really talented also !
nice editing =] Subbed ! <=
excellent voice, and the editing was pretty ****in awesome too man. sounded great, i like this version a lot!
That was pretty fantastic. I gotta say, that was some professional quality recording and video you've got there. The rhythm section was spot on, the guitar was well produced, and everything mixed together really well. The high point had to be your voice, though. I mean, you nailed those harmonies and really brought the song to life. And if your video is to be believed, you ran around a room and played various instruments flawlessly all the while.

I really don't know what to say beyond a good, old-fashioned two-syllable "dayum."
Quote by Geldin
That was pretty fantastic. I gotta say, that was some professional quality recording and video you've got there. The rhythm section was spot on, the guitar was well produced, and everything mixed together really well. The high point had to be your voice, though. I mean, you nailed those harmonies and really brought the song to life. And if your video is to be believed, you ran around a room and played various instruments flawlessly all the while.

I really don't know what to say beyond a good, old-fashioned two-syllable "dayum."

Post-Production my friend
Thank you all for the kind words. A lot of work was put into creating this.
If anyone still needs a crit, or want me to check out another song
Just drop a link and I'll get to it xD
Sounds really good mate. Really polished and well recorded. I can't really see much room for improvement. It's a well recorded song which sounds pretty professionally done.

My Mother overheard me listening to this and asked who it was as she liked the sound of it so be proud lol.

Cheers for the C4C bud, and to answer your question, it was recorded in Drop A on a 7 string :P
Ibanez RG770DX Reissue

Ibanez Apex 2

Ibanez S520EX w/ EMGs

Marshall DSL100 Halfstack

NEWCASTLE UNITED!
I'm not the biggest Linkin Park fan but this was good! Great video and sounds has its recorded professionaly. I kinda wish all cover videos could look like this. Not really any room for improvements I think, nice guitar too!

Sorry for the long wait for c4c,
I used to be a fan, used to get exciting hearing Crawling In My Skin haha. This is a situation where if I hear the original I won't like it as much, cause I heard your cover first and it's damn good. Sang it like it was yours, good F-ing job man! Nice video, too it doesn't look very amateur
Not really listend to Linkin park enough to crit, but overall excellent i love the dynamics
type as i listen/watch:

first thing...awesome quality! thats what makes this stand out by far . Your singing is not too bad, but I wish the vocals were a little stronger :[. Ive never heard the original, but assuming it is a little different, the arrangement is strong and keeps the listeners attention. Overall, the quality is what really makes this stand out, but the vocals arent as strong as I wish they were
dude, what about an actual solo in death metal instead of that poof from linkin park. Think of Pulse of the Maggots - Bed Of Razors

#1 MEMEBER OF THE OFFICIAL THRASH METAL FAN CLUB (PM URE FAV BANDS TO ME TO JOIN)
Quote by The2abraxis
type as i listen/watch:

first thing...awesome quality! thats what makes this stand out by far . Your singing is not too bad, but I wish the vocals were a little stronger :[. Ive never heard the original, but assuming it is a little different, the arrangement is strong and keeps the listeners attention. Overall, the quality is what really makes this stand out, but the vocals arent as strong as I wish they were

Thank you for the crit.
Do you mean volume by 'stronger', or overall quality?
To all the people who have commented: Thank you for the kind words
The volume on the vocals is good, I just am not a huge fan of the tone, and at times the notes seemed to shake a little bit. Since you have good production, you should def throw some auto-tune on just to get the notes all squared away (my vocalist friends use it all time, not in the obnoxious way though lol)!
dude, what about an actual solo in death metal instead of that poof from linkin park. Think of Pulse of the Maggots - Bed Of Razors

#1 MEMEBER OF THE OFFICIAL THRASH METAL FAN CLUB (PM URE FAV BANDS TO ME TO JOIN)
Pretty awesome. I am NOT a fan of Linkin Park at all, but this was still good. Great production quality especially. I agree with The2abraxis, though. I felt like the vocals were a little shaky, and maybe a tiny bit flat at times.
Definitely professional quality cover. You guys must have put a ton of work into this, and the vocals and mixing are spot on.

You'll probably end up signed with a label if you keep up this kind of work. I wish I had some critiques for you but I really can't find anything wrong. I suppose I'd like to hear more guitar in it but the original was the same way and I suppose it's a good balance.

Overall fantastic job man. And thanks again for ct'ing my video.
this is a post. there are many like it but this one is mine

=======================

Taylor Big Baby
Agile 3100 CSB
Peavey classic 30/112
Okko Dominator, Big muff pi, cs3, dd3, ch1, ts9, ad9, classic wah
I really like how the piano is mixed. You are using a real piano right?
What did you use for the industrial drums at the end?
There's not much to crit lol some vocals are not perfect.. but who cares
You did an excellent job capturing the sadness and darkness of the song.
I would love to hear some originals
Duude! awesome cover, very good quality of sound and video and nice video editing! The mix was perfect and all the sounds were super clean, you guys put a lot of work into this cover and you deserve every single view that you have got, great!
Thank you all for the feedback.
I know the vocals aren't perfect, I'm not an experienced vocalist in any way haha.
The only reason I started singing is because I couldn't find a singer for my original music.
@The2abraxis: Thank you for specifying, I am not really a fan of creating vocals you can't recreate live. But if it's making the song less enjoyable it's a problem indeed.
I'll experiment with it, thanks for the suggestion.
@Fat g0r0T: Do you mean the one at 3:40?
That's just a drum sample that is loaded with reverb (Cathedral size), and then Eq to sound like that. A lot of what I do is experimenting. Try playing with the reverb and the EQ, and then add some delay. It will probably result in something cools
Originals are on their way, however they are more inspired by the artists listed on my channel than Linkin Park xD
Last edited by Ara Replica at Jul 26, 2011,
wow! very very nice. video quality is very nice, musicly its spot on, vocals are great, harmonies are tight guitars sound amazing, drus sound perfect, its flawless, i love it, keep it up, upload more videos.
Great job that was really good, The video editing was great the playing was great the vocals all of it really good. Keep it up man I hope to hear more from you soon.
Wow, I was not expecting that. Great cover, EXCELLENT production. Did you record this at a studio or from your home?! It looks like a studio but I can't tell... Like everyone else said, nothing to criticize! Just great job.
Quote by MrMartyMustaine
Wow, I was not expecting that. Great cover, EXCELLENT production. Did you record this at a studio or from your home?! It looks like a studio but I can't tell... Like everyone else said, nothing to criticize! Just great job.

Thank you for the kind words.
I am blessed with that I can occasionally record at a studio.
I wish I owned the things you see in the video
I only have a Cube30, which is broken at the moment
Thank you all for the feedback, if you need feedback or want me to check out something just drop a link
This cover is spot on! The production and the quality is uncanny. I hope you produce more videos like this. I'm sure the bands you cover would be proud to see it.

Click My Library to see what I've written

My Library
Very good cover. I was kinda let down a bit when I realized you didn't do the group vocals by layering your voice.

Something that I found worked very well when i recorded the piano parts was to play two parts, one an octave higher and one an octave lower than the original. I have all the parts recorded (no vid) and piano substituting the vocals. Might upload that someday after i refine it a bit.

Excellent cover. Something to point out is that the vocals were a bit shaky during the choruses. Nice job.
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

She insists to wear this lights.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?