Hey guys im a gigging drummer and have recently started to play guitar , i have this old 3/4 size acoustic at the moment but my parents have bought me a squier strat for my b day and am really enjoying learning. So far after a couple hours of practise i can play Californication, Stadium arcadium main riffs and the intro to otheside by the chilis. I know he has alot of fan boys but john frusciante is my biggest influence in music and guitar , he is the guy who made me want to pickup a guiatr but i Like his playing anywhere from the chilis , solo and ataxia . Also with my guitar how would Be able to get is sound from it and the amp im getting is a small marshall not sure what series etc etc and if it helps what pickups would be wort upgrading to in the future to get this sound. Thanks anyways.
Liam
Last edited by TheSides at Jul 21, 2011,
So, what do you want to know?
Guitars: Fender FSR Standard Strat, Squire Affinity Strat, Epiphone Nighthawk
Amps: Vox AC15C1, Roland Cube 15x, Peavey KB-1
Pedals: Digitech RP355, HD500, Joyo AC-Tone, EHX Soul Food
Nothing really just wanted to introduce myself unless there is a seperate forum for this ? And the bit after "ataxia".
I hope the amp you're getting isn't an MG. You'll regret it. Get a Roland cube instead. Great modeling amps.
Yeah, man, don't go for a cheap Marshall, the MGs are horrid and the MAs aren't much better(I found out the hard way, high-end Marshalls are dreams, but the low-ends...). I'd go for a Cube like Kutless said, Fender Mustangs are really nice for the price too(I don't know how to work them very well but I got a few nice tones with the presets). As for Frusciante's tone, I'd turn the treble and mids up and use the bridge pickup, but I'm not exactly sure how his tone works, I'm a casual RHCP listener but I don't play it. xD Best of luck to you, my good man, welcome to the guitar clan. xD
Quote by SlayingDragons
Nah, I prefer to tune lower. My tunings usually go into weird Hebrew symbols.
Yes, welcome to UG.
If you are after Frusciante's sound then you might also want a decent effects pedals or multi-effects board as I know in some songs he uses over 3 to 4 different effects as an example on Dani California he uses wah, a bit of chorus, distortion and I think also a touch of phase if I remember right and not all modelling amps come with those effects. So look at a decent amp and get some effects pedals.
Thanks guys for the advice etc etc will check what model marshall it is tomorrow In time i will try to get some pedals >

EDIT: its a marshall mgcd10 its only £30 all i can afford at the moment will probly get a better one in time .
Last edited by TheSides at Jul 21, 2011,
Quote by TheSides
Thanks guys for the advice etc etc will check what model marshall it is tomorrow In time i will try to get some pedals >

EDIT: its a marshall mgcd10 its only £30 all i can afford at the moment will probly get a better one in time .

Oh, if that's all you can afford...

Could you maybe buy something used?
Okay I maybe able to strech some more cash but how much would you pay for a roland cube x15 but bear in mind im not that fussed as i will only be playing in my room.
Get the cube 15x. You can find them used for under $50 if you look hard enough. It sounds better than the MG.