I'm buying a new amp. I'm either getting a 1972 Fender Super Twin Reverb for $600 or a Fender Deville 2x12 for $500. If the Twin is better, i don't mind paying the extra money.

Any suggestions?
do you mind having to crank your amp or use pedals for distortion?

if not then get the super.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
In my opinion, the Super Twin is a much, much better amp, but like AcousticMirror said, it's deafening when distorted.
Money beats soul every time.

Money beats soul...every time.

Money...beats soul...every...goddamn...time.
The twin is going to give you clean headroom for days. The amp gets insanely loud before it starts to overdrive just by cranking it. The deville has a semi usable overdrive channel if I remember correctly lol. More of a lightly mid range blues crunch. But if u use pedals for overdrive or distortion, the clean thing won't be a problem at all. In my opinion, there is NO better clean slate for a guitar player to add pedals too and create their own tone than a good fender tube amp on the clean channel. But amps have amazing clean channels. One will just break up into overdrive sooner. I think the twin is a better amp tho
by the time you read this you will be wasting your time because it doesnt say anything
the super is better.

that said, it may need a cap job and bias. the deville would need that at some point too, just the super is older.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
i've never used a super before, but i can tell you that my deville is a pretty nice amp.

it does get pretty clean, and the overdrive channel sound like a good blues distortion.