Any kind of shoe out there designed to run fast? this is what i've found so far

Page 1 of 2
These are for jumping and not so much running fast, in fact I dont think you can run faster than you would without them because they're simply too high.

here's a video of a person using those

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/125338/crazy_pogo_shoes/

Then I found something like this

these definitely will not make you run faster.

I couldn't find any sort of footwear that is designed not only to jump higher bu to run faster as well.

I was thinking that in order to run faster a design like the first picture up there would be useful if the distance between the foot and the ground wasn't so big, and you could actually lean forward when sprinting without bouncing too much.
But then if you wanted jump they wouldn't work, because you need them to be high if you wanna bounce and jump high, so unless I can find anything that can make you run faster and jump higher I was thinking of designing my own, which would need to have a mechanism to increase and decrease the distance between your feet and the ground, for jumping or sprinting.

I pretty much wanna know if there's anything like that, I can't find anything.
Last edited by Cocolate at Jul 21, 2011,
i believe they're called "running shoes"
Quote by Marshmelllow
graphs. graphs always work. my old work place had an awesome printer, so i was constantly making graphs.

that was until i made a graph of how much my boss pissed me off. but seriously dude, graphs.
Quote by frozen_soul
i believe they're called "running shoes"

Running shoes don't make jump higher nor run faster, It's basically the same as running barefoot, they just make really good advertisement campaigns
Quote by SG_dave
My question is why do you want to design this? What possible purpose will they have?
And if you say their purpose will be to make you run faster and jump higher, I will bitch slap you.

I mean what the **** has happened in the pit the last 3 days, it's like there's goddamn Eric_Fail clones loose for gods sake.
You Dont Know Me

I have 10 Anarchy Points - I also have 8 Mythology points!

Peavey Generation EXP Custom White
Yamaha 120S Black
Korg AX5G
Digitech Whammy
Zvex Fuzz Factory
Boss OS2

Quote by mrfinkle213
This man has brains.

Quote by CoreysMonster
Banned for indirect reference.
Quote by Cocolate
Running shoes don't make jump higher nor run faster, It's basically the same as running barefoot, they just make really good advertisement campaigns

Sounds logic there, Fido

They provide more grip, therefore more traction, which allows you to move faster. Also, they protect your feet and joints.
You Dont Know Me

Yamaha 120S Black
Korg AX5G
Digitech Whammy
Zvex Fuzz Factory
Boss OS2

Quote by mrfinkle213
This man has brains.

Quote by CoreysMonster
Quote by SG_dave
My question is why do you want to design this? What possible purpose will they have?
And if you say their purpose will be to make you run faster and jump higher, I will bitch slap you.

well sir, you will have to bitch slap me then.

btw, Im not just talking about running a little faster, I mean running faster than usain bolt, or at least at a similar speed.
Quote by Cocolate

btw, Im not just talking about running a little faster, I mean running faster than usain bolt, or at least at a similar speed.

It's called growing an extra 2 foot and training
You Dont Know Me

Yamaha 120S Black
Korg AX5G
Digitech Whammy
Zvex Fuzz Factory
Boss OS2

Quote by mrfinkle213
This man has brains.

Quote by CoreysMonster
Quote by Anthony1991
Sounds logic there, Fido

They provide more grip, therefore more traction, which allows you to move faster. Also, they protect your feet and joints.

They don't protect your joints, in fact, they kind of mess up our natural way of running, again, just really good advertising.

About the traction, yea they do provide it but they don't make you run significantly faster.

But don't believe me, go and google running shoes vs barefoot running
Quote by Cocolate

Gotta be Jamaican to run that fast bro. They train their kids to sprint from an extremely young age.

Now go and train instead of looking for an easy way out.
Quote by Cocolate
They don't protect your joints, in fact, they kind of mess up our natural way of running, again, just really good advertising.

About the traction, yea they do provide it but they don't make you run significantly faster.

But don't believe me, go and google running shoes vs barefoot running

Most of them do They cushion the impact you make with the floor, therefore supporting and impacting less on joints. It's like wrapped a vase in bubble wrap and dropping it, the vase might not break because of the cushioning.

They don't mess up 'the natural way' of running, otherwise athletes wouldn't use them. They're called athletes for a reason.

They do make you run significantly faster on many surfaces.

Oh because youtube and google will provide an accurate assessment of physics and logic
You Dont Know Me

Yamaha 120S Black
Korg AX5G
Digitech Whammy
Zvex Fuzz Factory
Boss OS2

Quote by mrfinkle213
This man has brains.

Quote by CoreysMonster
These babys are winging it my way now. Free shoes are nice. Parkrun FTW!

http://www.achillesheel.co.uk/road.php/m/asics/gel+kinsei+4/m_kinsei4_aw11_t139n_9001

Time on earth is like butterscotch; you really want more, even though it will probably just make you ill.

Certified lurker
Last edited by IYanoplathizoI at Jul 21, 2011,
Quote by SG_dave
Gotta be Jamaican to run that fast bro. They train their kids to sprint from an extremely young age.

Now go and train instead of looking for an easy way out.

LoL @ the pic.

I train already, and I like it. But I'm an industrial designer and I kinda love, well, designing things, and running and jumping beyond my natural capabilities seems like FUN
Quote by Anthony1991
Most of them do They cushion the impact you make with the floor, therefore supporting and impacting less on joints. It's like wrapped a vase in bubble wrap and dropping it, the vase might not break because of the cushioning.

They don't mess up 'the natural way' of running, otherwise athletes wouldn't use them. They're called athletes for a reason.

Oh because youtube and google will provide an accurate assessment of physics and logic

shoes in general impede the way we're naturally supposed to walk/run because there are obvious differences between being barefoot and having shoes on. this can be detrimental. that being said, you can probably run faster with running shoes on vs being barefoot because of traction and a few other factors.
Quote by Marshmelllow
graphs. graphs always work. my old work place had an awesome printer, so i was constantly making graphs.

that was until i made a graph of how much my boss pissed me off. but seriously dude, graphs.
You really think kangaroo boots won't make you run faster if you learn to use them properly?

You seem to be forgetting that you can launch yourself 10 feet+ in one step. You don't need to be close to the ground, or leaning forward to be going fast as shit.
Quote by Butt Rayge
Pretty sure Jesus was decaffeinated.

I'm just a hedonist without happiness
Quote by frozen_soul
shoes in general impede the way we're naturally supposed to walk/run

Only if there not fitted properly.

Time on earth is like butterscotch; you really want more, even though it will probably just make you ill.

Certified lurker
Quote by frozen_soul
shoes in general impede the way we're naturally supposed to walk/run because there are obvious differences between being barefoot and having shoes on. this can be detrimental. that being said, you can probably run faster with running shoes on vs being barefoot because of traction and a few other factors.

Impede or change the way we move to improve our speed and balance? ^^
You Dont Know Me

Yamaha 120S Black
Korg AX5G
Digitech Whammy
Zvex Fuzz Factory
Boss OS2

Quote by mrfinkle213
This man has brains.

Quote by CoreysMonster
Quote by Anthony1991

yeah ok, you obviously didn't read anything about it and just replied trying to use common sense to explain things you dont really understand, .

Go, inform yourself then come back and post again if you want .
Quote by Cocolate
yeah ok, you obviously didn't read anything about it and just replied trying to use common sense to explain things you dont really understand, .

Are you daring to patronize me with something you read off the internet?
You Dont Know Me

Yamaha 120S Black
Korg AX5G
Digitech Whammy
Zvex Fuzz Factory
Boss OS2

Quote by mrfinkle213
This man has brains.

Quote by CoreysMonster
Quote by frozen_soul
shoes in general impede the way we're naturally supposed to walk/run

The internet in general impedes the way that we're supposed to communicate and interact with others of our species. Please stop using yours.
Quote by ChucklesMginty
If at first you don't succeed, play bass.

Quote by Jackal58
Cats don't think. They plot.

Catch me on FLICKR
Proud owner of a beautiful PRS P22
Quote by doomded
You really think kangaroo boots won't make you run faster if you learn to use them properly?

You seem to be forgetting that you can launch yourself 10 feet+ in one step. You don't need to be close to the ground, or leaning forward to be going fast as shit.

yeah but with so much bouncing you lose control and it doesn't feel like running, it's more like big jumps forward.
Quote by Cocolate

Just wondering. Do you have a degree in either Sports science, Biology or physics?

If not, you are just as uninformed.
Quote by Anthony1991
Are you daring to patronize me with something you read off the internet?

I actually run and work out and this is very interesting to me, I read a lot more than you about it and experienced a lot more too, I think i know what im talking about thanks. And don't start posting stuff like insults and personal attacks please, seriously bro, its all good
Quote by Cocolate
I actually run and work out and this is very interesting to me, I read a lot more than you about it and experienced a lot more too, I think i know what im talking about thanks. And don't start posting stuff like insults and personal attacks please, seriously bro, its all good

Ehhh

So you know my degree's and my understanding of such things do you?

Interest and imagination does not equate to understanding. If you really have experienced more, you'd know that you're being totally stupid

There are 3 types of people.

Those who see, those who see when they are shown, and those who do not see
You Dont Know Me

Yamaha 120S Black
Korg AX5G
Digitech Whammy
Zvex Fuzz Factory
Boss OS2

Quote by mrfinkle213
This man has brains.

Quote by CoreysMonster
let me respond to everyone with these articles: http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_article/sports_body_training_performance/go_barefoot_to_get_stronger

Quote by article
Through years of wearing shoes, our feet lose their tactile capacity, which is bad enough. But they also fail to develop to their proper size and shape. Tendons and ligaments shorten, muscles weaken, and the risk for foot and ankle injuries increases.

this is in the context of weightlifting, but the same can be applied to running/walking

here is one that applies to locomotion: http://nymag.com/health/features/46213/

Quote by article
“Natural gait is biomechanically impossible for any shoe-wearing person,” wrote Dr. William A. Rossi in a 1999 article in Podiatry Management. “It took 4 million years to develop our unique human foot and our consequent distinctive form of gait, a remarkable feat of bioengineering. Yet, in only a few thousand years, and with one carelessly designed instrument, our shoes, we have warped the pure anatomical form of human gait, obstructing its engineering efficiency, afflicting it with strains and stresses and denying it its natural grace of form and ease of movement head to foot.” In other words: Feet good. Shoes bad.
Quote by Marshmelllow

Quote by Anthony1991
Ehhh

So you know my degree's and my understanding of such things do you?

Interest and imagination does not equate to understanding. If you really have experienced more, you'd know that you're being totally stupid

There are 3 types of people.

Those who see, those who see when they are shown, and those who do not see

how about instead of calling me names and assuming things about me, you go do some research and then come back and make a decent argument based on facts, and not common sense and imagination.

Or even better, why don't you go read the original post, understand what it's all about and then reply something useful.
Quote by frozen_soul
let me respond to everyone with these articles: http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_article/sports_body_training_performance/go_barefoot_to_get_stronger

this is in the context of weightlifting, but the same can be applied to running/walking

here is one that applies to locomotion: http://nymag.com/health/features/46213/

Quote by Cocolate
how about instead of calling me names and assuming things about me, you go do some research and then come back and make a decent argument based on facts, and not common sense and imagination.

Or even better, why don't you go read the original post, understand what it's all about and then reply something useful.

Ya know, i must just reply in caps lock for this amount of stupidity.

Guess what, if that first quote is even half true - too late. You've already grown, games over.

What did assume I about you? You've proven yourself to be an idiot, i merely accepted that. Because common sense is so very common?
You Dont Know Me

Yamaha 120S Black
Korg AX5G
Digitech Whammy
Zvex Fuzz Factory
Boss OS2

Quote by mrfinkle213
This man has brains.

Quote by CoreysMonster
Quote by Anthony1991
Ya know, i must just reply in caps lock for this amount of stupidity.

Guess what, if that first quote is even half true - too late. You've already grown, games over.

What did assume I about you? You've proven yourself to be an idiot, i merely accepted that. Because common sense is so very common?

go.... away... lol, don't u have homework or something, stop being ridiculous kid.
Quote by Cocolate
go.... away... lol, don't u have homework or something, stop being ridiculous kid.

You're calling me a ****ing kid when you've made a post about HOW TO RUN FASTER!?

(Invalid img)
You Dont Know Me

Yamaha 120S Black
Korg AX5G
Digitech Whammy
Zvex Fuzz Factory
Boss OS2

Quote by mrfinkle213
This man has brains.

Quote by CoreysMonster
Quote by Anthony1991

You're calling me a ****ing kid when you've made a post about HOW TO RUN FASTER!?

(Invalid img)

Hi, I'm an industrial designer, I love to design things.
Quote by Cocolate
Hi, I'm an industrial designer, I love to design things.

I'm going to bed, gtfo.
You Dont Know Me

Yamaha 120S Black
Korg AX5G
Digitech Whammy
Zvex Fuzz Factory
Boss OS2

Quote by mrfinkle213
This man has brains.

Quote by CoreysMonster
Page 1 of 2