I've been looking for a cheap octave pedal that will go one octave down and up. I see conflicting info all over the web: does the Danelectro Chili Dog go one octave down and one octave up, or just one and two octaves down? Thanks.
Down one and two octaves from the input signal.

Try an Electro Harmonix Micro POG.
It's an opinion. It's subjective. And I'm right, anyway.
EHX stated above should do the trick, or you could buy (too expensive) a Digitech Whammy, which can go 1 up, down, and anywhere in between, thirds etc.
Where's Waldo?
MicroPOG is far cheaper than a Whammy.
the whammy's probably easier to use and comes with an expression pedal though. the pog may be able to create more sounds but most of them are fairly rubbish-sounding stuff that would be better on a synth or whatever
Quote by teh_goon
the whammy's probably easier to use and comes with an expression pedal though. the pog may be able to create more sounds but most of them are fairly rubbish-sounding stuff that would be better on a synth or whatever

I wasn't referring to the POG I meant the MicroPOG - it's far easier. There's an input, octave up dial, sub octave dial and one for the dry signal and there are two outputs; one for the effected signal and a dry send.

My review's in there somewhere, too.
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/reviews/guitar_effects/electro-harmonix/micro_pog/index.html
You can get the whammy even cheaper for that on PGS. It can do up to 2 octaves both up and down, and has divebomb (3 octave drop I think). Very versatile, but it's not really a set up and go pedal like the POG, you have to actually control it as you play.
Quote by redandwhite12

Oh - I'm not in the US though. The Whammy retails at around $400 in Australia - bear in mind the Aussie dollar is stronger than the US at present, too.
http://www.allansbillyhyde.com.au/search/whammy.aspx

My MicroPOG was around the $200 mark.
Quote by Sputnik1
LOL! You got him good!

No offense, get stuffed.
All Pedals in Australia are just overpriced, hence why I get mine from the States. You can buy the AC adapter for the whammy separately and it only costs 20 bucks from my local music store.
There is that - I haven't bought a new pedal in Australia yet. I've been here five years and either bought from the States or they were from the UK and I shipped them here when I moved.

Actually, that's a lie. I bought a brand new Danelectro FAB Chorus for $10 for no other reason than it was $10.

There's a couple of decent places near where I live (inner-Melbourne) that sell used stuff pretty cheap.

My MicroPOG came from the US, too.
Quote by Slap-happy
No offense, get stuffed.

Cry me a river, Aussie.
Quote by Sputnik1
Cry me a river, Aussie.

I'm not an Aussie, either - I happen to live here but I ain't from here.

Although I can understand that you would have missed that having not bothered reading any of the above.
Quote by Slap-happy
Oh - I'm not in the US though. The Whammy retails at around $400 in Australia - bear in mind the Aussie dollar is stronger than the US at present, too.
http://www.allansbillyhyde.com.au/search/whammy.aspx

My MicroPOG was around the $200 mark.

No offense, get stuffed.

I brought my whammy from proguitarshop and I'm in Aus. Because I combined it with other pedals I got free shipping, and it was pretty good. Also sweetwater sound ship to Aus.

I wouldn't buy a pedal like that from Aus, unless it was in a ridiculous sale.

muledit: I see you are probably going to buy from overseas anyway.

Whammy does what you want, however I find it does [especially for the octave up] really thin out the sound. IMO the POG doesn't do that as much. It also tracks a bit better.
But saying that, heaps of people use the whammy, and as long as you roll off the tone a bit it isn't that bad for octave up
RIP Gooze

cats
Last edited by mulefish at Jul 22, 2011,
Quote by mulefish
I brought my whammy from proguitarshop and I'm in Aus. Because I combined it with other pedals I got free shipping, and it was pretty good. Also sweetwater sound ship to Aus.

I wouldn't buy a pedal like that from Aus, unless it was in a ridiculous sale.

I saw an ad somewhere recently advertising a Whammy at an "insane $319!!!"

Might have fallen out of some local free press or been in a music store window....

Either way, I laughed. I'll bear the other stores in mind and have a look when I'm next in the market for some toys....
Thanks for all of the recommendations. I'm debating with a Micro POG and Foxrox Octron at the moment. I love that the Micro Pog tracks chords, but I love the analog sound of the Octron (especially the octave up. reminds me of smashing pumpkins).