You're certainly a talented player, Jon. Interesting arrangement and style. Of all the things, I never thought I'd hear a Beatles song on banjo. Way cool!
Wow, sounded really interesting. Out of curiosity, is that tuned to bass standard tuning (EADG), or banjo standard tuning, without the high G (DGBD)?

Its almost like the right hand technique is for a completely different instrument, because you arent playing like a bass, or like a banjo, its very impressive.
It's tuned just like a 4-string bass EADG. The right hand technique is an attempt on my part to do what Victor Wooten does with his double thumbing. Thumb-down, thumb-up, index finger, middle finger. I've been trying to play old fiddle tunes and bluegrass runs, with some success. Tackling a well-known Beatles song was hard, at first, but I'm happy with the way it came out. Thanks for the kind words, and for listening!
thats pretty sweet dude. whats that thing sound like played in a more traditional way? I am very curious as to how fingerstyle would sound on that thing, especially in the lower register of it.
no sir away a papaya war is on
Quote by jkeneipp
It's tuned just like a 4-string bass EADG. The right hand technique is an attempt on my part to do what Victor Wooten does with his double thumbing. Thumb-down, thumb-up, index finger, middle finger. I've been trying to play old fiddle tunes and bluegrass runs, with some success. Tackling a well-known Beatles song was hard, at first, but I'm happy with the way it came out. Thanks for the kind words, and for listening!

I was noticing that double thumbing technique you had goin on there
Apparently this is a signature

Yessir it is
kinda sounds like a shamisen, a japanese guitar-like instrument. it's definatly an interesting sound, and i'm always happy to hear new instruments, but that cover just sounds wrong to me ya know, it's a good transcription but i think it would be better suited to other styles of music
Haha, sounds really funny (in an awesome way of course). I learnt this today on a six string.
G(g)od was like: "Make you an ark of gopher wood; rooms shall you make in the ark, and shall pitch it within and without with pitch."

And i was like: "What's gopher wood?"
where did you get that? I've been wanting one for ages and I don't trust my craftsmanship enough to build one myself
1978 Peavey T-40 -> Ampeg Micro-VR - > Ampeg SVT210AV + Ampeg SVT-15E
I appreciate you wanting to get the opinions of bassists, but this is the wrong forum for this sort of thing. For future reference, please post any of your videos which you wish to gain feedback on in the 'Covers' sub section of the recordings forum. I'll move this thread to there now.
Quote by skater dan0
Damn you and your ninja-like modding