Anyone have one yet? Know any technical info? I have many questions as im sure you all do.

does the preamp make your guitar sound like it has blackouts in it? or does it retain the tone of the original pickups and boost the output? i would think that if it changed the tone, it wouldnt matter what type of pickups you had in it, because they would sound the same? besides price and ability to be put on any guitar, what are the other benefits of it?

basically heres my predicament. im in the middle of completely from scratch rewiring my sg. i did invader jims 2 to 4 conductor pickup mod, so i now have coil tapping, which will be one of my tone pots. (btw i reccomend no one else follows that tutorial because my pickups are now noisy and seem to have lost a bit of output and clarity. i wanted new pickups anyway so i went ahead and took the risk.) aside from that, i have also ordered the seymour duncan liberator from guitar center. it will be one of my volume pots. i was playing through a friends high gain amp, and there was a ton of feedback and noise, not on just my guitar but any guitar with passives. he then plugged in his guitar with emgs and demonstrated their noiseless performance. this got me thinking. what exactly is it about their circuit that makes them noiseless? obviously blackouts perform similarly and the modular preamp would be a cheap and effective option for me. but i do like passive pickups. so i was trying to figure out a way to take concepts from the active circuit and apply it to passive pickups circuit to drastically reduce the noise. the modular preamp seems to be the best option, but i like the voicing and whatnot of passives(im either thinking about dimarzio crunch lab/liquifire or bkp aftermath or nailbombs). so can anyone offer any insight as to how exactly the preamp changes the tone if so? and if i got the preamp, would it even be worth getting good pickups because it would just change the tone anyway?
Gibson SG Special Faded(Super Distortion/PAF Pro)
Carvin V3M
Jet City JCA2112RC
Taylor 114e
Ibanez SR300e

Quote by Delanoir
In 60 years, there will still be Opeth.
You know why?
Death ain't got **** on Mikael.
EMG's are noiseless because it's a very low output pickup with a preamp to boost and compress that low signal to a hot line level, thus, quiet.

I have no idea what you are really talking about trying to do here, but my BKP Painkiller(passive) is actually extremely quiet, almost as much as my EMG's were.
oh ok i never knew that they were low output by default. something that never really even crossed my mind. and yeah i dont have much experience with many bkp.
Gibson SG Special Faded(Super Distortion/PAF Pro)
Carvin V3M
Jet City JCA2112RC
Taylor 114e
Ibanez SR300e

Quote by Delanoir
In 60 years, there will still be Opeth.
You know why?
Death ain't got **** on Mikael.