Besides just the Stage I and Stage II Stiletto, I'd like to also consider a modded Stiletto I. Which do you all think is the best out of the 3 and why?
i don't know much about modded Stage I's, but i own a Stage II and when trying it out side by side with the Stage I the day i bought it, i found the Stage II to be the better amp (clearly lol)

the Stage II can pretty much do anything the Stage I can, but it can also reach more modern territory. There's more gain on tap and the overall tone of the amp is darker than the Stage I, but can be dialed out if need be. I think the Stage II would be the better choice merely for the extra gain you would have.
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat
SO the stage II can copy the Stage I exactly, channel for channel, except there is more gain available? And how about the cleans?
honestly when i tested them out i wasn't too concerned with the cleans, it was more the dirty channels i wanted to compare. however from what you typically hear in reviews, the Stage II has some of the best cleans you can possibly get out of an EL34 based amp. the cleans on my Stage II are lovely, how they compare to a Stage I i'm not so sure...but i can't see them being worse.

from what you typically hear The Stage II sounds the way a typical Mesa amp should sound like while the Stage I was considered more of a hotrodded Marshall. when i played them they both sounded good, only the Stage II had more gain and more "balls" i guess is one way i could put it...better low end and more attack. i think the Stage II is the better, more versatile amp.

you should go and try them yourself to see how you like them.
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat
Last edited by Waterboy799 at Jul 22, 2011,