Ok, im back again with more questions for you guys to answer for me

This time i have some things i need figured out, firstly, i have chosen to go with the Peavey Vypyr line... now here's where the questions come in...

1. Should i get the tube or non tube version of the amp?

2. I play in a small garage band type deal and i want to know if the 60 watt tube version is going to be enough to meet up with the bass and drums... (if im told to go with the non tube ill just get the 100w)

3. If I got the 60 watt and wanted a better tone with a 2x12 cab, would i be able to plug one into this 1x12 amp?

i am sort of tempted to go with the 100w non tube version... idk why honostly... but i do... but i want to get something nice... please let me know what your opinion is on this thanks! have a great night!
Well, in your other thread they said tube so get the tube version.

Remember, if you do get the 100 watt tube version you'll have to crank the amp at least half way to get a good distortion, and it might be too loud. I think the 60 watt will be just fine.
Guitars: Fender FSR Standard Strat, Squire Affinity Strat, Epiphone Nighthawk
Amps: Vox AC15C1, Roland Cube 15x, Peavey KB-1
Pedals: Digitech RP355, HD500, Joyo AC-Tone, EHX Soul Food
Quote by kutless999
Well, in your other thread they said tube so get the tube version.

Remember, if you do get the 100 watt tube version you'll have to crank the amp at least half way to get a good distortion, and it might be too loud. I think the 60 watt will be just fine.

alright. i think that your right on that... thanks.

now if i got the non tube (since i have parents that are home alot) and i want good distortion at a low volume this would be the way to go? i want a good amp to be able to play at room levels and if the tube 60w cant do that then i might as well go with the non tube 100w.
Yes, an ss amp will almost always sound better at low to medium volumes and a tube amp will usually sound better at higher volumes. So if you are going to be playing at bedroom levels as well, than you should go with the ss version.
Quote by dwarf134
alright thanks a bunch

No problem.
if you want tube sound, then you can get an attenuator along with a tube amp. those reduce the volume of the amp, but will still drive the tubes so that you are getting a good tone and natural distortion.
But then he'll have to spend even more $. He's already gonna spend enough on the amp.
Quote by kutless999
Yes, an ss amp will almost always sound better at low to medium volumes and a tube amp will usually sound better at higher volumes. So if you are going to be playing at bedroom levels as well, than you should go with the ss version.

In my experience (most) a tube amp(s) at lower volumes still sounds better than (most) a solid state amp(s) at lower volumes. The tube amp mightn't sound it's best until it hits the higher volumes, but I find this is more relevant when you're looking for a bluesy/classic rock distortion and want that power tube breakup. If you're looking for a more hard rock/metal sound you're probably going to be relying on preamp distortion anyways, so cranking it becomes somewhat less of an issue.
Member #10 Of The Black Tooth Grin: Dimebag Memorial Club. PM Narmi To Join
Quote by GNR4EVER
In my experience (most) a tube amp(s) at lower volumes still sounds better than (most) a solid state amp(s) at lower volumes. The tube amp mightn't sound it's best until it hits the higher volumes, but I find this is more relevant when you're looking for a bluesy/classic rock distortion and want that power tube breakup. If you're looking for a more hard rock/metal sound you're probably going to be relying on preamp distortion anyways, so cranking it becomes somewhat less of an issue.

But if he's gonna get an amp, he might as well ge the one that will sound it's best and not just half good like a tube amp at low volumes. Maybe a tube amp does sound pretty good at low volumes, but since he'll be using the amp for bedroom and band practise, an ss amp will be more versatile and suit him better.
Quote by kutless999
But if he's gonna get an amp, he might as well ge the one that will sound it's best and not just half good like a tube amp at low volumes. Maybe a tube amp does sound pretty good at low volumes, but since he'll be using the amp for bedroom and band practise, an ss amp will be more versatile and suit him better.

But what I'm saying is

SS low - Good > SS high - Bad

Tube low - Better > Tube high - Even better

The tube amp may (and that's very much a may) not sound as good as it can at lower volumes, but it will still likely sound better than the SS at equivalent volumes.
I think he'll have to decide what to do.
Quote by kutless999
I think he'll have to decide what to do.

Of course Just wanted to make it clear that tube amps don't sound bad at lower volumes or that solid states sound better than tube amps at lower volumes. Cranking a tube amp just creates power tube breakup (Overdrive) and compression, which gives a particular sound, and can be particularly desirable for some genres of music.