I'v been visiting the forums for a whyle now, and iv seen threads that were like "indentify that chord" or something like that, and some guy puts a tab then the others indentify the chord. I know its a stupid question, but do you mind explain me how to indentify the name of the chord ?
sure.

1) know theory.

done.

if you want a more detailed explanation:

1) know about intervals.
2) know how to construct chords.
3) understand the concept of context.
4) using your knowledge of context, determine the root of the chord.
5) name it.
Anfangen ist leicht, Beharren eine Kunst.
is there any video on youtube or any website that i can visit to learn that ?? If you know any please tell me.
man, search like "guitar chord construction" on google and start reading the websites the links lead you to.
Quote by katalyzt13
man, search like "guitar chord construction" on google and start reading the websites the links lead you to.

Chords aren't specific to the guitar, chord construction is the same for all instruments capable of playing chords. Google basic chord construction, you will find what you're looking for.
Quote by TailzDoll
is there any video on youtube or any website that i can visit to learn that ?? If you know any please tell me.

no. it requires study and comprehension. the things that make you a better musician are, 99% of the time, things you can't find in a tutorial on youtube.

you can go to musictheory.net. proceed to the next lesson only once you completely understand the material in the previous lesson.
Anfangen ist leicht, Beharren eine Kunst.
Hell there are even a few good lessons on chord construction on UG, but i'd definitely recommend musictheory.net
Quote by TailzDoll
I'v been visiting the forums for a whyle now, and iv seen threads that were like "indentify that chord" or something like that, and some guy puts a tab then the others indentify the chord. I know its a stupid question, but do you mind explain me how to indentify the name of the chord ?

Music theory. There are a lot of ways to do it. You can teach yourself, or you can get a teacher that can help you. If you don't know of any teacher, we teach this skill online, as part of our Online Guitar Theory School.

You can determine what works for you. I recommend a teacher, but I wanted to list all your options. It really depends on what's most important to you. If we can help out let me know. Good luck.

Best,

Sean
I know theory, but sometimes i dont even realize that it was considered "theory", but anyway you just have to know your chords. I dont know chords off the top that i dont use often but i can still identify the chord. for example if you give me D/F# i will know exactly what that is...but if you give me a Bm4, i might hesitate because i just recently started using it...
IM GONNA ***CHANGE*** THE WORLD
Quote by millie&mavis
I know theory, but sometimes i dont even realize that it was considered "theory", but anyway you just have to know your chords. I dont know chords off the top that i dont use often but i can still identify the chord. for example if you give me D/F# i will know exactly what that is...but if you give me a Bm4, i might hesitate because i just recently started using it...

B Minor 4 makes no sense to me unless its a term for Bsus4, in which case the chord isn't known whether it's a minor or major unless the context of the other chords in that key suggests it, and even then it's not a true Bm chord cause of the missing b3.

That's what happens though with people that write songs and chords, they play fast and loose with their terminologies.

Best,

Sean