My guitar's action won't go very low without the frets buzzing like crazy on the low E. I think it just needs a simple truss rod adjustment, but I'm not sure. Also, I've tried before, and couldn't get the truss rod to move. Should they be very difficult to turn? And if it's stuck, how can I free it? Please help. Never fooled with one before.
ESP/LTD F-50
1989 Kramer Showster
Rogue RADH Acoustic
Fender CD-60 Acoustic
Washburn XB-100 4 string
Peavey Millenium AC BXP
Fender Rumble 150
Crate BV60H Head
Crate BV412 Cab
Vox AD15VT
Quote by ThrashMetal014
My guitar's action won't go very low without the frets buzzing like crazy on the low E. I think it just needs a simple truss rod adjustment, but I'm not sure. Also, I've tried before, and couldn't get the truss rod to move. Should they be very difficult to turn? And if it's stuck, how can I free it? Please help. Never fooled with one before.

fret the Low E, at the first fret, at the same time,
fret the Low E at the last fret, where the neck and body meet.

with both places held.

if the string lays on the middle frets (7-9th)

then you need relief.
and can turn the truss rod 1/4 turn counter clockwise.

you can put a little elbow umphh into it.

if you just cant turn it, then turn in the other direction,
slightly to get it going and then turn it in the correct direction,
plus the extra.

if you STILL cant do it. take it to a tech to turn it.
or if you give up, then get a heavier gauge string.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by ThrashMetal014

Well, its probably the truss rod, but it could potentially be a bridge/nut issue as well. As far as adjusting the truss rod, like what was said above, put some umph into it, but if it still won't move take it to get it looked at. Or if you try adjusting it and it still isn't right, you might just wanna get it looked at because it could be a different issue.
Last edited by ePOWsa at Jul 21, 2011,