I am looking for as close to 1987 Plexi tone as possible. I have a Peavey T-60 and a custom made SG with Seymour Duncan SH-1 in the neck and Pearly Gates in the bridge. I have a MXR Custom Badass '78 Distortion and Boss SD-1 as dirt boxes. Someone is willing to sell me a Fender Blues Jr for $250, but the Bugera V-22 looks more my style. Which is better? Or any other suggestions? I could always get the Fender and get a Blackstar Ht-Dual or Radial Tonebone Plexitube later for a good Plexi sound out of the Fender.
well considering that neither will get you as close to a 1987 plexi tone as possible...i suppose they are both turds as far as you'd be concerned.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
I understand this, but I am on a budget. Which amp would be the better buy in the long run? I plan on getting the Blackstar HT Dual to make it more Plexi-ish.
Quote by Plexitone
I understand this, but I am on a budget. Which amp would be the better buy in the long run? I plan on getting the Blackstar HT Dual to make it more Plexi-ish.

Nein.

Save yer moneh.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Why do I keep seeing threads pop up by newly formed accounts pertaining to exactly what their username is?
Where's Waldo?
Quote by chadreed32
Why do I keep seeing threads pop up by newly formed accounts pertaining to exactly what their username is?

i think a lot of un-registered users lurk on the forums for a while and then register as soon as they actually want some advice about something, and end up creating a username based on what they want to ask just because it's what's in their head at that particular time
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Quote by Blompcube
i think a lot of un-registered users lurk on the forums for a while and then register as soon as they actually want some advice about something, and end up creating a username based on what they want to ask just because it's what's in their head at that particular time

I don't know, it seems odd to me that that many people are like that. Like don't most people have some standard kind of username that they use for everything? I know even if I didn't I wouldn't just make my username whatever is on my mind. It would either be really nasty or just too damn long
Where's Waldo?