OK. So I want to tune to Drop A on my 6 string because i dont have the money for a 7 string. What size of string's should i get, and what all adjustment's would i have to do to my guitar for this tuning?
Get 12's or 13's, whichever may be more comfortable to you.

The only adjustments you'd have to make may be some truss rod adjustments, and if you have a Trem, that will take some adjusting too.
Where's Waldo?
well excluding my high Eb on my 7 i use 13-65's for drop Ab, thats a preatty tight low end so 13-59 should be good for you
No I don't have a trem ( thank god). I just have a Schecter C-1 Hellraiser hard tail. Ok so 12's or 13's, what are some good brand's to look at. So far i have used Rotosound .10's or Daddario .10's.
i use Ernie ball's Not even Slinky 11-56 on drop B, and they are great..
Quote by Austin174
No I don't have a trem ( thank god). I just have a Schecter C-1 Hellraiser hard tail. Ok so 12's or 13's, what are some good brand's to look at. So far i have used Rotosound .10's or Daddario .10's.

Personally, Elixir Nanoweb are the best strings I've ever played. Don't be scared off by the price, they're actually less expensive due to less changing. They last a lot longer and sound better, so instead of getting one month out of them, you can get anywhere from 5 to 6 to even a year. Just my two cents.
Where's Waldo?
I use the GHS Boomers GZBWLO. It has a 70 low, and keeps things very tight on my 6 string. You might have to adjust the nut on your guitar to fit the strings. Also your pickups will play a big part in sound.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/accessories/ghs-heavyweight-boomers-custom-lo-tune-electric-guitar-strings-heavy/100447000000000?src=3WFRWXX&ZYXSEM=0&CAWELAID=26016185
Marshall DSL 40C
Gibson Les Paul Classic Lemonburst 2014
ENGL Fireball 60
Peavey 5150 412 Straight
CRATE Blue Voodoo BV120HB
CRATE GT412SL 4x12 Cab
Peavey Vypyr 15
Schecter C1-Elite w/Duncan Distortions
^ this. Get elixirs. You won't regret it.
Gibson Firebird 70s Tribute
Orange TH30
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Big Muff Pi
Quote by chadreed32
Personally, Elixir Nanoweb are the best strings I've ever played. Don't be scared off by the price, they're actually less expensive due to less changing. They last a lot longer and sound better, so instead of getting one month out of them, you can get anywhere from 5 to 6 to even a year. Just my two cents.

I have looked at them before but didn't know if they were worth it. I think I'll get a set of each one that has been recommended so far. I just don't really want to have to cut into my guitar just for one string though.
Lee Maria from BMTH uses an 80. on the low e.
Quote by luxeion
i keep asking my dad for wood. but he keeps getting annoyed (he's working on a house). and i'm too young to go outside.

That is just to much for me lol. So the thicker the string you have when you down tune, the less floppy the string's are correct.
Last edited by Austin174 at Jul 22, 2011,
All things being equal, the heavier the string, the tighter the tension at the same pitch. At that scale length, I'd personally use a .064 for the A. Or if you want it a tad tighter, .066. Or .068 if you reeeaaally like it tight.
Ibanez RG2228 w/ EMG808Xs | Line 6 POD HD500 | Mackie HD1221