I'm selling my Warlock for $150-$225 to one of my friends so I'm looking for another guitar besides my Crescent. I've been looking at the Fender Mustang and thats about it(honestly, probably cus I love cars as well as guitars...so this is like a golden egg...). I read the reviews on the Mustang and it sounds amazing. So, down to it, my questions are...

What is your opinion on the Fender Mustang?
Do you have any other suggestions?

This is mostly my rambling(skip to the last sentence of the paragraph)...
My cash is limited(of course) and honestly, I'd rather have a new(to me) guitar than a girlfriend. My experience in the past 2 years has showed me it isn't worth it at my age(18). So I have a bit more than I would if I had a girlfriend. Please no comments on my Crescent, it was my first guitar and it sounds beautiful(i looked into it, some dude modded it out and switched hardware to God knows what, but it sounds better than quite a few higher end guitars :P). Anyway...what was I talking about...? Oh yeah! My limit...Probably about $400 to $500. $110 this week, $20 to $95 profit from Warlock, $105 last week, $130 next week....am i still rambling? apparently i am. Okay, anyway, last sentence. Sorry. Shoot for a spending limit of $400 to $500...

Thanks in advance
Crescent(No info on this, bought used, PM if you'd like to help me out...?)
2007 Warlock
I refer to vintage because I have never played a RI or the Pawn Shop models that just came out.

Vintage Fender Mustangs are great guitars. Thin bodies, fairly light weight, with a very surf sound. Somewhere between a Strat and a Tele sound. They are well built because they were originally a student guitar, so they were built to take some abuse. I will admit, the stock pups are a little light on volume, but the volume knob on the amp will fix that.
--- Joe ---
77 Bradley LPC || 07 PRS CE22 || 11 PRS MC58 Artist || 95/02 Fender Strat || 99 Gibson LP DC Std Lite
06 Ovation Elite-T || 12 Martin GPCPA4
Boss GT100 || Peavey Stereo Chorus 400 || Peavey Bandit 75 || Roland JC77
I play everything except rap and techno.

If you have guitar suggestions that compare to the mustang, feel free to throw them out...
2007 Warlock
if he is really your friend, then you wouldn't be selling him a warlock
HILT!

Where's Waldo?

hes been looking for one. Seriously. can anyone help me or should i go to a different website? Auriemma's the only one whos given a helpful reply...
2007 Warlock
Jpudify, You can also look at Fender Jaguars. A Strat or Tele should fit your style too. Also you can look at guitars with Humbuckers with split coils. My Michael Kelly has this feature, and it changes the tone to something a little warmer than a Strat.

One thing to keep in mind, Mustangs are Short scale guitars. So they feel different than more standard length scales.

If you have your mind set on a Mustang, post some questions on these two forums:
http://shortscale.org and http://jag-stang.com They are well versed in Mustangs and similar style guitars.
--- Joe ---
77 Bradley LPC || 07 PRS CE22 || 11 PRS MC58 Artist || 95/02 Fender Strat || 99 Gibson LP DC Std Lite
06 Ovation Elite-T || 12 Martin GPCPA4
Boss GT100 || Peavey Stereo Chorus 400 || Peavey Bandit 75 || Roland JC77
Last edited by Auriemma at Jul 26, 2011,