Though i'm about to buy a new guitar+amp, throwing away my old Cort X-6 seems a bit too sad for me, so i wanted to know if a pickup change will improve something...

i'm interested in changing the bridge pickup only and to use the guitar for some high gain Drop B stuff.
the guitar's condition is good and it seems like the total build quality is descent...

what do u guys think? does one of the pickups i mentioned in the title will make a difference?

this is the guitar btw: http://www.guitar.com.au/guitars/electric/cort/x6.htm

thanks!
if you like the feel of the guitar then any upgrade is worth it....a pick up change will certainly make a nice change
Quote by chadreed32
What you really need is a new amp.

or a llama :p
Epiphone Les Paul Plus Top
Jet City JCA5212RC (SLO Modded)
Ibanez WD7 Wah
Mad Professor Sweet Honey Overdrive
TC Electronic Flashback Triple Delay
TC Electronic Trinity Reverb
Quote by chadreed32
Or an alpaca?

or
Epiphone Les Paul Plus Top
Jet City JCA5212RC (SLO Modded)
Ibanez WD7 Wah
Mad Professor Sweet Honey Overdrive
TC Electronic Flashback Triple Delay
TC Electronic Trinity Reverb
Quote by GABarrie
or

F*** signing your name, Im taggin' motherf**n' Waldo!
Where's Waldo?
a new amp is on the way..and a guitar, but i still want to keep my old one useful..so basically, my question is does it worth to change to these high grade pickups on a low quality guitar..
what about coil tap switching in the cort x6? is it a problem to rewire it to the new pickup?

does it matter if i get a female alpaca or a male alpaca?
It really depends if you think the guitar sounds good intrinsically. If you like playing it and you think it sounds alright unplugged then there is no reason you shouldn't.
EH

"Show me war; show me pestilence; show me the blood-red hands of retribution..."
thank you!
last thing-is there any mesurements\spacings\wiring i need to consider by fitting the pickup?
Quote by Darkanus
thank you!
last thing-is there any mesurements\spacings\wiring i need to consider by fitting the pickup?

Generally pickups are measured out depending on what position they're in (bridge or neck) and what type of bridge it is, since floating/floyd rose style trems tend to have wider spacing than hardtail bridges.
EH

"Show me war; show me pestilence; show me the blood-red hands of retribution..."
are you saying that a bridge pickup doesn't have the same mesurements as a nick pickup?
i do have a FR tremolo system. if i'm right, i need a 53MM pickup spacing or so?
how about the wiring? connecting it all together with the coil tap option is not an issue?
The pickup dimensions are the same. The only difference is the pole pieces.

For the bridge pickup you will want the wider 53mm. It doesn't actually make a difference to sound, it just means that they will match up with the strings better.

Read the stickied guitar wiring thread for wiring
RIP Gooze

cats
Last edited by mulefish at Aug 1, 2011,