I am looking for a new amp suitable for gigs. I mainly play metal so i want an amp that can produce some highly distorted tones but still have some nice cleans, i would prefer a head over a combo. The price should be around 800 American dollars but i am willing to pay more than that if required.
THIS IS FOR COWS!
If at all possible, wait until November. The Bugera TriRec will be released sometime that month, and the head will be $800.
Kodiak bears make awesome bandmates.

Quote by wolvenrick
no seriously 7x NGD is epicness i declare you the winner of all NGD's on UG never have i seen this xD
Never heard of that brand before, are they any good or should i get a Blackstar head?
THIS IS FOR COWS!
Quote by Amakir
Never heard of that brand before, are they any good or should i get a Blackstar head?

:/ never heard of bugera huh? ok well leme try my best here:

they basically produce clones of popular amps and have very nice tones for the price. most of them are comparable to the actual thing, if not better. Bugera 333xl = peavey jsx/xxx. Bugera 6260/6262 = Peavey 6505/6505+, and so on. the main problem that people have is with components melting from heat. this problem was illegibly fixed in the past year or 2 but some people say otherwise. great amps for the value though. and if im not mistaken the TriRec is their top of the line amp (Mesa triple rectifier clone).
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
Well i don't want the amps components to melt on me but at least it's somethign to consider. How about an Marshall MA or a Peavey Valveking?
THIS IS FOR COWS!
Quote by kaosxrocker
If at all possible, wait until November. The Bugera TriRec will be released sometime that month, and the head will be $800.

i've seen clips of the tri-rec on youtube and it sounds amazing and for the price it is i think its a steal. the other options would be either a peavey 6505 head or combo or search for a used marshall jcm 800 or 2000 tsl

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-iYS_xgcFM
Quote by Amakir
Well i don't want the amps components to melt on me but at least it's somethign to consider. How about an Marshall MA or a Peavey Valveking?

those are OK amps. they will cover your clean to hard rock tones. i personally dont like the sound of a high gain valve king (mind you to get high gain out of it u either need to push it with a pedal or swap out the tubes, speaker, and its just extra expense.) i say look into the bugera. They have fixed their melting probs but will still get flamed (pun) on UG.

-as for other recommendations, look for a crate Blue Voodoo used, mabye a peavey vypr tube,
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

I <3 TWEED
Yeah, Bugera fixed their melting connector problem a couple years ago. They're fantastic amps for the price. I've got a 333XL that I love. The other guitarist in my band has a Valveking that he drives with a Death Metal pedal, and he makes it sound pretty damn good. Don't have any experience with the MA series, but I haven't heard the greatest things about them.

Also, here's that video that was mentioned earlier for the TriRec:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-iYS_xgcFM
Kodiak bears make awesome bandmates.

Quote by wolvenrick
no seriously 7x NGD is epicness i declare you the winner of all NGD's on UG never have i seen this xD
Bugera vs blackstar? Blackstar! They are generally more reliable, they have this thing called the ISF, which allows you to get US-style tones or British-style tones, and they sound kick ass. If you're talking about the HT series, I'd say go for it. If you've already got a cab, then go for a head. If not, then get a combo, which has a built-in speaker.
Quote by Cracked.com
Then they torched an Apple Store and made a PowerPoint about their experiences.
okay im about to end this thread, Carvin V3. it does everything. used u can find it in the $500 range.
Quote by kangaxxter

Quote by Blompcube

I <3 TWEED
Blackstar HT series = Crap. Now if your talking about the series one Blackstar that is a very good head, but the HT's are crap.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate