so Ive been thinking lately, my cab doesnt sound huge like a 4x12 should. it sounds good yea, but it doesnt have as much low end as i wouldve hoped, which is a disappointment since the bass from my amp is very tight to begin with.

my cabinet looks like this but with different speakers and a second board to make it a fully closed back cab, but i think because it has like 2 seperate sections comepltly indpendant of each other, it sounds like 2 smaller 2x12s as a posed to a big 4x12. am I right on this?

Would an OS 2x12 wth speakers like k100s give me better low end?
well if it helps the current speakers i got are 2 C-90s on the top and 2 V-30 knock offs on the bottom
The speakers, cab, how your gain behaves, the type of hall, the floor material, etc. all contribute to the sound you hear/perceive.

I'm not familiar with that cab and the C90s; so, let's wait for somebody who actually has that combination and how they differentiate it from their other cab/speakers.
what cab do you have?
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by InanezGuitars44
what cab do you have?

the one pictured above with the speakers mentioned sperately with a closed back conversion panel for the top
make/model?
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by Seanthesheep
mesa boogie, running a eavey 6534+ through it too

I personally think the 6534+ lacks that low end that amps like a Mesa Dual Rec would have.

I see you have a Mesa in your pic, does it still not have enough low end with that Mesa?
it isnt my pic, but its the closest picture i could find to my cab.

and i know i dont have the right amp for that low end thump that dual recs are know for.
but i mean like my amp sound very ballsy and all around really good but I kind want to get more feeling in low palm muted notes, not just it being there and sounding good like it does.
Try EQing in more bass, El34's(or whatever EL's the amp has) are not really known for that low end thump.

I'd try another amp through it, cause I can get my B-52 4x12 crap cab to have plenty of low end because my Valveking has plenty of low end. I doubt it's the actual cab.
i would look at trying an mxr EQ. im sure that will help you dial in some of those low frequencies. i used to have a 5150 and it had plenty of low end for me, but maybe the el34s make enough of a difference to suck some of it out

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
yea, i might take my amp down to the L&M near my house, they have an orange 412 there that i prolly could run my amp through.

and I have tried more bass, right now bass is around 7 and so is the resonance controls.

I can live with it because Im happy with the tone, but was just wondering if a different cabinet could give the amp a bit more low end.

I might still sell the cab and buy a 2x12 for portability if it wont change much

And yea the EL34s do take away a little gain compared to the 6L6s so i wouldnt be suprised if they took away some bass response too
Last edited by Seanthesheep at Jul 22, 2011,
Trying a couple other cabs is a good idea. If you can, try out a Mesa OS 4x12, those have tooons of bass.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
well even though he isnt completely clear, it appears he has a mesa road king cab. which is not a bad cab by any means

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
well you said yours was a mesa cab that looked like the picture. closest thing is roadking

edit: looked at picture. ahhh i see. i didnt realize those cabs had the separate back plates.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣