Desktop
98 45%
I mainly use an Ipad/ Ipad like device
1 0%
other?
3 1%
Voters: 220.
Page 1 of 2
I'm in college at the moment, mine is a laptop.
(tablets and stuff like that count as laptops in this thread)
Tick tock and waiting for the meteor
This clock is opening another door
Desktop, I need it for the PC Gaming, not to mention the High Resource DAWs.
Gear:
Fender FSR Standard Stratocaster SSS (MIM Gilmour Black Strat) -
Agile AL-2000 CSB -
Fender Super Champ XD -
Homemade Talkbox -
THE BORG COLLECTIVE
Laptops are the devil.

Desktops ftw.
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Laptops are so much more convenient and are eventually going to replace desktops for good.
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus
Jackson King V
Jackson Kelly
Handmade Gibson Les Paul
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100/JCM900 1960 Lead cab
I don't have a desktop, I only use my laptop.
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
Quote by GunsNSnakepits
Laptops are so much more convenient and are eventually going to replace desktops for good.

Pretty much.

Also, I forgot to mention, but my laptop is basically a desktop since the screen is broken. I've got it hooked up to a mouse, keyboard, and TV monitor and don't even touch it unless I'm using my webcam.
Laptop, I think the reason people don't like their desktops is because no one ownes the cool new up to date ones (just an assumption). My friend (he's indian) basically built his own computer with special drivers and software and yadda yadda yadda crazy high performance stuff.
Desktop. A laptop would be nice for the portability, but I don't need that beyond browsing the Pit in bed. But with that, I would never sleep
Quote by GunsNSnakepits

No thanks.
I like being able to replace my monitor and keyboard whenever.
No laptops can compare to a nice 23.6" full 1080p monitor and a Logitech G510 or G110 (because i'm poor).
Desktop.

My laptop is fairly powerful, but I keep it relatively clean since I only use it really when im traveling. When im out and about I dont need to game or edit for work (even though my laptop is more than capable), just use the net, skype, word docs.

Quote by GunsNSnakepits

They really arent. (going to replace desktops)
PSN: Shibuib
Steam: Drag_on88rr@hotmail.com
add me

Elvis Presley aint got no soul, Chuck Berry is rock and roll.

日本語をシグに入れるのは馬鹿やキザ野郎のする事だぜ。
Last edited by Blackbullet at Jul 21, 2011,
Quote by institutions

No thanks.
I like being able to replace my monitor and keyboard whenever.
No laptops can compare to a nice 23.6" full 1080p monitor and a Logitech G510 or G110 (because i'm poor).

Well you can always have the laptop repaired. It takes longer, but the convenience of a laptop more than makes up for that IMO.
Laptop. I like being able to take my computer with me wherever I might need it.

Plus I don't really use my computer for anything that requires more computing power than a laptop can provide.
Laptop. It's much more convenient to bring to school with me. However, I wouldn't mind having a super badass desktop at home and then having something like a netbook to use at uni.
All the way from Palm Springs, just out of detox.
Show him a warm welcome, let's hear some applause
Laptop, but its a fairly robust Macbook Pro that I run all my audio production and whatnot on, and it hasn't had a problem at all in the two years I've owned it. I do need to find a firewire 400 external for recording though, since the hard drive on here is just about full from various projects
NOPE
I have a laptop, but mainly because I found a decent one on sale and I do a ton of writing.

Outside of that, I'd love a desktop so I could do some PC gaming again. One day, when I have money.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
I mostly use a desktop, but I don't mind laptops, and usually end up using them like desktops anyways (on a table with a mouse). I wouldn't really even consider using an iPad though.
Quote by SeveralSpecies
Well you can always have the laptop repaired. It takes longer, but the convenience of a laptop more than makes up for that IMO.

The only convenience a laptop has over a desktop is being portable and being able to set up in smaller spaces with less hassle.

Desktops are easier to upgrade with new parts.
With the amount of PC gamers there are, I don't see laptops overtaking desktops any time soon. Laptops can do a lot of the same things desktops do, but you have to pay a lot more.
Quote by institutions
The only convenience a laptop has over a desktop is being portable and being able to set up in smaller spaces with less hassle.

With the amount of PC gamers there are, I don't see laptops overtaking desktops any time soon. Laptops can do a lot of the same things desktops do, but you have to pay a lot more.

Pretty much this 100%. They make laptops that are great gaming machines, but you'll pay three times as much as building a tower yourself, and upgrading them is ridiculously inconvenient if it can even be done on your laptop's mobo.

If you're going for gaming any sort of seriously, you'd be a fool not to do a desktop tower.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
i have a sick laptop, its better than most peoples desktops i know, but i run it hooked up to a second monitor so it never really leaves the desk...
Quote by daytripper75
Laptop. I like being able to take my computer with me wherever I might need it.

Plus I don't really use my computer for anything that requires more computing power than a laptop can provide.

Typically the only time I move my laptop is to provide music while taking a shit or showering.
Quote by institutions

AH well with gaming, absolutely. I use my computer for DJing and need a lot of portability to move from place to place, plus there's nothing I need to upgrade on my laptop hardware-wise, so that doesn't appeal to me.

But yea, desktops will be around for a while.
I use my laptop for everything. In school, on stage, music production, and everything in between. It gets taken everywhere pretty much. But I'm thinking of building a Hackintosh desktop for production because I'm really pushing the CPU on my laptop and it's on its way to an early grave if I keep it up. It needs an external server to process all the samples and sequences. A lot of modern musicians in the area all live by their laptops for professional applications.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Last edited by Xiaoxi at Jul 21, 2011,
Smartphone. Im dead serious lol.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Page 1 of 2